Only 1 dose of Cefalexin

Posted , 2 users are following.

Proscriped Cefalexin for infected chest and urinary infection. After only 1 dose of 500 mg capsule (taken together with 2 tables of co-codamol) I experienced, nausea, dizziness, headache, tiredness, unable to focus eyes, weakness in arms and legs, tightness of chest and a one time only electric prickly feeling across top of breasts. The medication was in a plain brown bottle with no propriety packaging and no information regarding side-effects. My doctor has advised to stop taking rest of capsules and is proscribing an alternative antibiotic. Until I read other peoples feedback on this drug I was beginning to think I had been poisoned. The effects above lasted for 8 hours.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I also had only 1 500mg capsule and within 2 hours was vomiting, Extreem diorea , Diziness and disorintaited & Feeling pain in my Knees. After 3 hours the vomiting & diorea stoped. but this is 2 days on and i feel exhausted & Joints still hurt. I have not yet informed my doctor but will do so as soon as i feel well enough too.
  • Posted

OMG I took only 1x500mg and been puking up since and feel like sh*t ! I have a 5 day course to take !I have to take 2x500mg daily too ! :hangover:
  • Posted

Was seen by my GP yesterday and prescribed Cefalexin (never had probs with any medication before) however last night I didnt sleep at all. i had pain all over my body, my nose and eyes are streaming (still) my vision is disturbed-I have have severe head and toothache.

Thought I was going mad until I read the other comments. :evil:

Not impressed at all

• Posted

I am looking for advice am taking tenkorex cefalexin and wonder if i should stop. Have some increased facial redness and a slight occasional rise in temperature. Could be the weather or my urine infection or an allergic reaction to my medicine. No symptoms are very obvious but complications on my medicine advice say stop taking if you develop this. How significant does it have to be before it is a problem?
  • Posted

I've been taking Cefalexin for about 4 days for a chest infection, 500mg 3 times a day, haven't slept properly since I started taking them, I feel dizzy and exhausted... They haven't even had any positive effects yet that I can feel...

Not too happy :?

• Posted

I always react badly to Cefalexin. I manage two days and then my GP has to change me to another antibiotic. He doesn't prescribe it for me now.
  • Posted

This is not reassuring. I have had a UTI for 10days. Bug proved resistant to 1st 2 lots of antibiotics( the 1st was 100mg x2 a day Trisomething; 2nd was Ciprofloxacin 500mg x2a day)

Doc has today prescribed Cefalexin 500mgx3 a day. I've been dying for week, then I read this. Oh, the joys!

• Posted

After reading all this i am wondering if i should be taken them, i was at the doc 2days ago cuz of the pills she gave me had me up all night and the following day i felt as if someone beat me. I am not wanting this from them or been sick
  • Posted

hiy ppl i have just been sent a pescription out for cefalexin capsules does anyone know what these are for. i no they are for some sort of infection in ya urine but does anyone know any thing more
  • Posted

So glad I now know why I feel so awful. I felt better before I started taking them. One result was getting thrust on my penis. Just put the rest on the fire.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.