Only 19 days on 10mg fluoxetine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been off for 23 days now. The first 10 days off I felt so much better! Now I've been feeling very tired all the time, muscle tension, irritability, anxious at times. My doctor had me quit cold turkey. I was on buspar 15mg for 11 days prior to that. Is this a withdrawal from the antidepressants???!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there that was only on ad's for one month and having withdrawal symptoms??!!

• Posted

Hi. I was on Citralopram for one month, felt broken; then was on Mirtazapine a few weeks later for a month. I had to stop cold turkey with both. Bad withdrawal symptoms with both of them.
  • Posted

Most likely withdrawal symptoms. When my Dr chose a switch from Celexa to fluoxetine, I think my brain freaked out cutting out the Celexa. A hell for a while which I learned from that not to cut out quickly any med especially an SSRI. When I decide to go for taking out the fluoxetine, I will go with i think a 1mg per month taper. Cold turkey I think may work but with some withdrawals that may be more intense. I had been taking the Celexa for a few year's and I've learned it although similar needs to be treated with respect to avoid the longer misery. Sorry to hear but it eventually will pass. Just so darn slow. Prayers

• Posted

Thank you for the response! How are you doing? I just don't know if I can handle trying another ssri after all I've been thru within the 30 days of both.

• Posted

Yes I hear you. My goal is just to be off of any SSRI and never return. I've been better looking back over the last 7 months. Just trying to let things settle from the difficulties a few months ago. As you know a very difficult thing to deal with that so affects daily life. We live and learn just not fast enough during these rough times. One day at a time.

• Posted

I agree we do live and learn. I pray a lot...these are critical times, hard to deal with. I will never go on anxiety meds or SSRIs ever again. Every time has been a terrible rollercoaster. Over here in the States our healthcare system is a joke. One of the things I don't miss is going to see my therapist. He was nice, but the facility was run by the most evil people. You were treated like you were stupid if you asked questions. The few employees that wanted to help people were discouraged to do so. These places are usually staffed by 23 year olds who take drugs and have an entitlement mentality. They were severely rude to all patients. So yeah, I don't miss it.

• Posted

I hear you. Anything mental health is mostly a guess for psychiatrists to throw a pill at you. I am seeing a psychologist to get what I can for cognitive behavioral therapy, CBT. She has helped alot and understands my concerns and feelings about pills. I have a appointment Monday for my 3rd visit. It's a long process figuring it all out as you all know. Definitely prayer's and I daily pray for this group. Sharing as we go is important and helpful to know were not alone in this world most people don't understand.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.