Only me again....

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

​As most people know i had my PIP assessment last Thursday.

​When will i be notified regarding a descision? Will i get a text message or do i just wait for a letter in the post?

​Thank you.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Got a decison on my claim by letter, only took 2 weeks to hear back.Good luck 
  • Posted

You would "normally" hear within 2 weeks, notice I didn't say will LOL

After 2 weeks ring and ask, they will then tell you how long, no good ringing before 2 weeks though, good luck

• Posted

Some decisions take longer than that, some take less than that. There's not really a time to give to be honest. When they have all the evidence they need they will either text you, if you gave a mobile number or they'll send you a letter telling you they have all the info they need. It's not been a week yet. I'm sure a decision will be made soon. I know it's difficult to relax Natalie but there's nothing else you can do until that decision is made. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Natalie

You may get a text. You may not. I was told that it depends on the person looking into your case.

I'm into my try week now . I almost got my letter and decision 2 weeks ago. But then they decided to send my report back to atos to ask more questions. So I'm unsure of I will hear this week now. Which will be 6 weeks. I hope you get your letter soon and good luck x

• Posted

Hi,

If you want to see your assessment report before the decision; just leave leave it a few more days then you can ask DWP for a copy of the report. This will tell you what the assessor has recommended. All the best for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.