Op dates for hippies to be!

Posted , 29 users are following.

Morning all on this glorious Sunday morning,

I thought it might be a good idea if we had a thread of dates for everyone who is a hippie to be so that we can all think of them and send them our get well vibes on the day of their op. On reading through threads I keep finding people who post of their op dates but being spread all over its hard to keep track.

If it's a rubbish idea I am sorry and prepared to have my idea pooh poohed on.

Ali x

13 likes, 119 replies

119 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Ali,

You already know this from another thread, but I'm happy to start things off.

My surgery is scheduled for Wednesday 16 September.

Angela

• Posted

Thank you! I've a lot to get through before next week - and I really shouldn't be procrastinating on here -  but I am just impatient to get it done now. Possibly because the fear hasn't really kicked in yet!

Angela

• Posted

Hi Ali 1,

It is a great idea...I think the world and his wife know mine is tomorrow as is Angela's I think.

​Vibes are great..continue to get well Ali 1

Love,

Ali 2t

• Posted

As im late reading this you may be in surgery by now so I am sending blessings your way. Take the pain killers take all the help you get and be patient with yourself. X
  • Posted

Great idea. I know Alice is tomorrow but then can only remember that there are several in the near future
  • Posted

Allie that's a great idea st the time of surgery we all need encouragement.smile
  • Posted

Waiting for my hip op date but will post when I know! Mixed feelings partly wishing it was tomorrow and partly want to put it off for as long as I can!
    • Posted

I know exactly what you mean.  I am wishing it was this time tomorrow and all will be over.  I will check in on this when I get home to offer what words of support I woould then be able to give.

Jittery evening ahead.

Alice ( Ali 2)

• Posted

Great idea. Mines on 25th September. Terrified but can't bear the pain any longer. No painkillers easing the horrific pain I'm in. Look forward to hearing how everyone else is feeling. Best of luck to us all
    • Posted

How did you go Gossip? I think yours was yesterday. But as I'm in Australia it could even be right now! Let us know how it all went.
    • Posted

Hi Kilkeena I'm thankfully 9.5 hours post op. Hip is not too sore at all just a bit stingy in the scar. My knee is aching quite a bit but Dr said it's probably nerve pain from all the twisting etc during op. Gave me pain relief for it. Easing a bit. Had spinal & light sedation. Didn't feel or hear a thing thank god. Physio came around 6.30 this evening once numbness wore off & I did a few bed exercises & they will get me out of bed tomorrow. I had to leave my dignity at the door when it came to bedpan 😱. So far I'm very happy, though don't know how I'm gonna sleep tonight. I'm just glad it's all behind me & am aware that there's gonna be good days & bad too. Thank you all for being there for me & the rest of us up to this point & of course for the future updates x
    • Posted

Gossip so pleased you came through ok though I knew you wouldsmile  Keep in touoch, remember we are here for the bad days as well as the good. xxx
    • Posted

Hi again, well done, we all knew you would come through it all. Believe me you will sleep tonight after what you've been through. 

I see you went for the spinal and sedation, good choice.

Tomorrow the physio's will probably just get you pou of bed with a Zimmer frame and if you're ok on that probably 2 crutches later in the afternoon. Remember to take it one step at a time (excuse the pun!), go at your own pace. The first time I tried to stand up I failed miserably, what with all the meds I was on. I felt really down but the physio's said it was quite normal. later in the afternoon I tried again I managed to walk with the zimmer.

The next day I was on 2 crutches in the morning, did the stairs test in the afternoon and was home early that evening.

As for the bedpan, just remember you've had the spinal so you can't feel a thing down below and you don't know when you need to go. I had an accident in bed because of it and I didn't even know about it til the nurse told me ! ha ha.

Once again well done, take it easy and keep us up to date with your progress, best of luck

Mark

• Posted

My surgeon & anaesthetist insist on spinal as it has quicker recovery. My numbness is gone after only 4 hours so at least I knew I had the urge. It's undignifid enough without having an accident. I'm feeling very stiff & restless for the last few hours. So I'm looking forward to getting out of bed if even only for a few minutes. Now nurse just realised my morphine pump isn't working😱😱😱😱😱 I hope she comes back with a new one soon. I'm like Frankenstein with all the tubes coming out of me. But they're all coming out tomorrow as far as I know. Looking forward to a sleep tonight as I haven't slept since I came back from recovery.💤💤💤
    • Posted

Thank you so much Gill at. I'm sure there are going to be plenty of bad days. At least I'm prepared for them by reading people's posts on this forum. 😘
    • Posted

Glad you've made it to the other side! Take it slow. It's not a race. I've learned the body recovers at its own pace and even if you don't get out of bed or walk early it will still get there.

I'm home now and amazed at how easily things are progressing. I feel much more confident than expected.

All the best. I'm thinking of you.

Keena

• Posted

So glad you are safely through to the other side.

You see clearly prepared for a fairly rough ride over the coming week or so and that's good (in a bad sort of way) so that you aren't too surprised at what might get thrown at you. 

Good ode days and bad days, yep that's about the size of it but it won't be long until the good days will far outstretch the bad and your pain will start become less and you find you have little triumphs each day. I hope that nurse came back quickly with your morphine pump as that's a priority at this stage in the process. She wants her butt kicked if she didn't! 

As as everyone else says, keep on top of the pain meds, don't let the pain build up until you need a bucketful to get back on top of it again. Rest when you need to, do your exercises if you can (don't push too hard for this as under the mask of all the pain meds you might hurt yourself without realising it) and most of all let your body tell you the way forward. Trust me, it will do that. The body is an amazing thing.

Sending you lots of get well vibes for the best recovery possible.

Take care

Ali xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.