Open hemorrhoidectomy 14 weeks ago and still bleeding after bm

Posted , 17 users are following.

In the last 2 years I've had 4 lots of surgery on my hemorrhoids, which include excision, banding, THD, more excisions and the last one in January was an open hemorrhoidectomy which has left 2 open wounds, at 7 o'clock and 11 o'clock. I saw my consultant just over 3 weeks ago, he said the 2 wounds are still open and are acting like fissures as there's not enough oxygen getting to the area to help it heal, so he prescribed me some diltiazem cream and told me to try that for 6 weeks then to go back to check the progress. My problem is, I've now been using the cream for over 3 weeks and still have a lot of pain and bleeding during and after bowel movements. I've even upped my intake of fruit, vegetables and water and I've also started exercising a lot more but nothing seems to be helping. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar and if they found anything to ease the pain and bleeding? Also if nothing else helped then what their next option was? Thank you for listening.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry to see you in such pain, the key point is to have soft stool and so veg, prunes, gigs, water and eat as less as possible for a few days....use cream before BM.....do not use tissues use wipes and just dab on then hot shower to clean and heat the area....No driving, sit as less and if you can use sauna and steam facilities.... Reduce stress if you can , good luck
    • Posted

Hi, thank you for your response. My stools are normally quite soft, I did try stool softeners but then ended up having diarrhoea instead. I was told that I had to apply the cream after bowel movements so my body could absorb it properly. I may give wipes a go though to see if that helps. Thank you.
    • Posted

Hope it works for you, but I found the hot showers after BM very helpful, I know it can be a pain but it's worth the effort...not sure if you drive but that was a major problem for my fissures and they flared up more after driving, I also found hot sauna and steam very helpful as it allowed me to ly down and reduce pressure on the fissures, the idea of cream befor is to losen the anus and after shower apply the cream again...I wish you luck
  • Posted

Hi vikki ! sorry to hear that i do have fissures all i can say stay away from citrus, spicy foods, caffeine and any acidic drinks! When stool pass through to tears its gonna burn no matter what but you can control the pain with eating different! Make sure your stool soft , and wash your self right after bm! Diltiazem is magical cream it worked on me 4 weeks later i did not have the pain but some reason cream gave me rush and i stopped! Just make sure keep your self clean! And don't strain if you focus on your anus little bit make sure you relax your anus muscle... And if you can at home after warm shower apply the cream in /out and stay naked if you can open your legs saparete your butt cheeks than let it breath! I know sounds funny but only that way you ll keep heal and make a smaller! Because its not fissure! Open scare which not on the anus canal! Its where the hemmoroid heads starts. So easy for you to heald those up. Just remember keep hour self clean after bm there is 2 kind of pain 1 like scare tissue you can feel the tear its more likely bruise pain. 2nd is burning like salt in to the tear! If you feel 1th take a warm bath relax ! Do not put anything in to the water! Get out and put iced pack on that area for 8 mnts. Than apply your cream. Of you feel 2nd that's mean you eat something wrong before they stool pass and left something in to the tear thats burn you up! Than time to clean put mirrow on the ground get ready gloves , vazelin , soft tissue and q-tips . Squad on the mirror put flash light (im using my phone flash) so you can see your anus take deep breath relax you ll see when you relaxing scare coming out wear gloves and slightly move around your anus to see any mess stuck in it ! Cover q-tip woth soft tissue (not tigher than pinky finger) and dipp in to the vazelin or Diltiazem (Diltiazem is %98 vazelin you can use that too) and gently push in to the anus in mean while dont strain! Relax ! Just push 1 inch and take it out slowly! You repeat this 1 more time than dipp tissue in clean water and do same think one more time! It will clean as new ! Apply your cream on the anus and if you can stay naked for a while.

I am not a Dr but i've been deeling woth cronic fissure months. So this way i dont get a lot of pain! These are just recommended of course.

Also im using bm time Fresh spa( toilet fossit) asa i sotting for bm running warm water till im finishing my work! Than keeping my self 10 more minutes to clean and get moisty...

I hope you ll get heal asap...

GOOD LUCK TO YOU

• Posted

Wow!! I can totally feel your PAIN, I had hemorroidectomy be in 2007 but after 3 1/2 weeks I was feeling like new again. That surgery really helped. Later in 2012 I started feeling pain again and thought for sure it was the hemorroidectomy coming back. But wasn't diagnosed for a fissure until 2015. That's a long time with pain. I had surgery and still in some pain. Fissures are the worst. Get the surgery sooner then later for that. I feel bad that you are suffering like this. Good luck and keep us posted

• Posted

I believe i can relate.

I had surgery Oct 10th 2017

Still to this day I'm having a lot of blood n pain every bm which is daily. I still take my stool softener as i have been before n after surgery.

Ive been off work for almost three months now. Laid off now until 22nd which is a good thing as i still feel i am not healed..

I am 56 unlike most young ppl here that had this done and have healed much quicker then myself.

Its a total pain in the butt..

Im searcing pain relief methods such as Cannabis Oils.. No THC so no high just acts like a pain reliever. Anyone here try this and does it work for this type of pain?

• Posted

Hi mate hope you r better now.i have hemmoride operation 9 weeks ago and I have a same problem still bleeding and pain please help me if you can thanks
    • Posted

How long does it take (pain and small bleeding after BM) I am in the 7th Week and my surgeon  told ne it is normal, but don’t know  how long it can normally lasts.
  • Edited

hi Vikki08774, I had my surgery in January and have the exact symptoms as you do.  I'm back at work though so its really touch sitting and standing etc.  I haven't tried cannabis oil but a friend recommended it.  did you try it?  I really need a relief, not sure how much longer I can take the pain and its worse and a lot messier when I'm menstruating.

• Edited

hi how are you doing now? i am at my wits end. i had surgery almost 4 months ago and still a lot of pain and strain with BM and bleeding

• Posted

i had surgery almost 13 weeks ago. i suffered from pain and bleeding. are you feeling well? i want to know the time for pain free and good bw. 😞😞😞

• Posted

i had surgery almost 13 weeks ago. i suffered from pain and bleeding. are you feeling well? i want to know the time for pain free and good bw. 😞😞😞

• Posted

same here its been 4 months, and its hard for me to go and i still have pain and i still drain and bleed sometimes. I wish I would have never did this

• Posted

How are you doing today. It's been going on 7 months for me. Just end of March this year i had a week pain free. So relieved as i thought this was now life for me. Daily pain with bm.. So this week i now again am going for 3 bm within a two hour period. No more bleeding but now stool is like cow dung. A coil of very soft stool in bowl as for months before it was thin ribbons and some days firmer. So changes with pain and stool. But i still feel that my Bowles are not completely empty.. Im booked with surgeon again for April 24th but now that im some what pain free i don't want to go thro this again. Surgeon has not done an rectal exam since before surgery as ive been in excruciating pain. Was suppose to have a look with being put under in Dec. But i cancelled that one. Just don't want to have to go though this if i can avoid it at all cost and cant afford the down time.

Anyone here having issues months after like myself would like to share with me would be of help. Don't want to be put under again and come out to deal with that unforgettable pain i had.

Thanks

• Posted

hi i have surgery 6 months ago and I have a same problem. first I have skin tag and fissure after hemorroid operation it's took 5 months to heal.then I thought finally I got my life back but one day on 9 o'clock on my anus I got lump which was hurting and on second morning it's start bleeding when I go for loo.then I went to doctor and doctor said it's fissure again. I am so upset it's 6 months for the surgery and I m still taking stool softener and cream for fissure. Is anyone there with same problem or help me please....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.