Operation

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had a letter back from the hospital

Gonna try and get my op done first week in May if possible

Booked a 5 day trip away to Poland at the end of May

Do you think I'll be ok to walk round on day trips etc ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

As long as you aren't planning on doing any heavy lifting you should be fine. I walk on average 4 miles a day at my job and was back at work after 2 weeks. I stayed off my feet for the first couple of weeks complety after operation and stayed out of the gym for the first month.
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice but I m not allowed to fly within 6 weeks of op. So can't have op till June 16 th
    • Posted

Really? I don't remember doc giving me any restrictions on flying(then b again I didn't ask) might have something to do with blood pressure and the anesthesia they give you. In any event ice as much as possible and like I said be a couch potato for the first week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.