Ops tomorrow

Posted , 13 users are following.

For anyone who has their hip op tomorrrow I wish them well. Try not to worry it's wonderful to be rid of the pain. A long hard journey to follow ups and downs happy and miserable but every step is worth it. Good luck, keep in touch and we'll help you all the way. Love and hugs Gillxxxx

10 likes, 74 replies

74 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Thank you so much Gill. As far as I have seen there are 3 of us, maggie, cathie and myself. I am first up at 8am.  I should be packed but am not lol.

Very encouraging to hear it is all worth it and this pain cannot ho soon enough for me.

hug x 

• Posted

All the best. I packed very well but all I used were few nighties. Big unpacking job at the end. It is so worth the trauma of surgery. Surgery is minor compared to what we've endured getting there.
    • Posted

thanks Kikeena

The hospital asked me to bring day clothes as well as nightwear. I guess for trundling up and down the corridors. It's very warm in there so juts yoga pants and sleeveless tshirts should be fine. smile

big box of medication taking up mnist of the room lol.

x

• Posted

The yoga pants can be tricky to get on. I had pants too but just settled for nighties all the time. And when I've been in hospital they confiscate my medications. I now hide them so I can have a little control. eg meds for reflux and other related ailments.

All the best. Thinking of you.

• Posted

Kris tin best wishes for tomorrow. Bring nighties as I didn't & needed bedpan for 1st night & the theatre gowns don't spare ur dignity. As for ur bag of meds, I went into hospital with a barrow load & came home on paracetamol & anti inflammatories. No morphine..... I'd been on it for 3 months before surgery. 9 days later I just take paracetamol & anti inflammatory if needed after I overdo it. I'll be thinking of u in the morning xxx
    • Posted

Glad to hear you are doing well. I've been off line for a few weeks and trying to catch up with how everyone is doing.
  • Posted

Good luck to everyone x
  • Posted

from me too --- 

I can't wait for you all to read your first post-op post .... remember that you can share anything here okay .... it is safe - there is so much love out here for you ...

these hours of anticipation ... nerve wracking - 

big warm hug 

blessings and Reiki rays send to you 

renee

• Posted

You have been a wonderful support to

everyone, even through your early post op

days. Thank you

cathie

• Posted

Good luck everyone.

Its tough going at first but you will not regret it. Trust me.

Sending you all lots of good luck wishes and healing vibes for a pain free and successful procedure.

We will all be waiting for you on the other side.

Take care.

Ali xx

• Posted

thank you for your thoughts and for sharing

things.

cathie

• Posted

Hello Gillcat

thanks so much. cooking Sunday roast today for a party of 6 am i mad?

All packed and Kristin is first then cathie iand then me so will be in touch. Thanks Maggie xx

• Posted

You are mad, but occupied, with no time

to think. Surely you are not later than 6pm.

Good luck Cathie

• Posted

Oh maybe I am before you they said afternoon but no time so will see last time I waited till 7pm hoping earlier this time.xxx
    • Posted

I can eat and drink my last meal at 11am,

go into hospital at 4pm. They day 2 hours

surgery 1 hour recovery. Then the fun starts..

• Posted

Maybe a little mad wink  I bought a cooked chicken from Costco lol.  

I have been washing light fittings and up and down ladders even though I am sore from yesterday. My son just ticked me off, said I dont need to be swollen for surgery.  More or less packed now so rest it is.  Will be thinking of you both. xx

• Posted

I have to be there 10 30 but operation will be afternoon....so a bit of waiting game. x
    • Posted

I am aching too we try to do too much before operation. ..anyway busy afternoon now won't have time to think x
    • Posted

nil by mouth from midnight, fluids will be hardest. Not sure if I will sleep as have to be there at 6:30 am. They have booked me in for 5 days which seems a long time but maybe that is because I am a private patient. Who knows. 

My veins are already in rereat, they always find it difficult to find a decent one.  Hopefully it will all be a blur :D 

• Posted

You are rushing around so much it's like prebirth!

it is a hip you are having, isn't it? Remember we

are not just pre hippies we are forum fortified pre

hippies.

cathie

• Posted

I didn't go in till 7pm and didn't get to the ward until after 11pm. I rationalised that I was still in hospital, this way I got to relax in less pain than if I'd gone in early.
    • Posted

Oh Kristin,

mouthwatering Costco chicken! !!!!

I am so homesick to Los Angeles, my home for the last 34 years. .😭

I know, not hip related

all is well. ..

have faith

in loving embrace

renee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.