Optical migraine-stopped

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had occasional-every 2 weeks or so-optical migraines for several years. They usually are triggered by changing from a dark environment to a bright one or vice-versa.

A few months ago I began taking bupropion for a different condition, and have not had an optical migraine since.

Has anyone else found this to happen?

Or is it just a coincidence?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tom, I've not heard of that medication before what is it?

• Posted

it's an antidepressant, and also used to help in quitting smoking.

Brand names are Wellbutrin, Zyban, Aplenzin, Buproban, and Budeprion.

• Posted

How interesting...has the drug had any side effects? I found my migraines stopped when I took Mirtazipine which is an antidepressant too. But the side effects wer so strong I found it hard to focus at work so I came off them. When I went onto another anti depressant the migraines returned.
    • Posted

The only side effects I've found so far are constipation,(but taking a stool softener brought me back to normal), and sleeping longer, but I am retired, so an extra hour in the morning doesn't bother me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.