Orlistar and slimming world

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there

Is anyone who is currently taking orlistat also going to slimming world, is it working doing them both , and any tips or ideas to help with weightloss

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I just started this Saturday taking Xenical!  It's been 4 days, and I've been quite good about eating right, low fat foods and veggies.  I don't see any change in my weight (I weigh myself only once a week) and contrary to what I read on here, it seems I'm constipated.  No poo, no orange oil as of yet...strange.  However I did read from multitude of users that it takes up to 2 weeks to start going into full charge!  So, I'm sticking with it.  Btw, I'm 152 lbs (69 kilos) and 5'8.  I want to lose at least 14 lbs to get into my clothes again!
    • Posted

Did you get your tablets from your GP? Because 152 lbs at your height isn't really overweight?

It's only been 4 days, give it a week. Drink plenty of water. Eat plenty of veg. I do get a bit constipated as well but it will pass!

• Posted

No, I didn't get them from my GP.  I live in a small town on a Greek island and our local pharmacist gave them to me.  My best friend is a certified dietician and she's keeping an eye on me.  I'm not obese, but I cannot fit into any of my clothes (gained 5 kilos!!! over the summer) and I don't have money to buy a new wardrobe!  So Xenical it is.  How about you?  
  • Posted

hiya are you stil doing this?  Im just on my 2nd week of doing orlistat with sw smile
    • Posted

I am pet , but i am really struggling with juggling both , how are you finding it
  • Posted

How are you all getting on now? I have just started - not a complete week yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.