Orlistat/Alli Want Dieting Buddys on here. Karens Diary.

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Start Weight  19st  11lbs

4 weeks         18st 11lbs

Well i had heard about Orlistat and after fighting steroids for 6 years which i have in my spine and hips in surgery every 6 months.. we decided that i was turning into a bouncing ball shape. I did a diary for the doctor and with limited mobility what exercise i did. He decided that the 3lb weight gain every week was the steroids so we decided to go and try this tablet.

Well the first week i took 60mg of the stuff and to be honest i was horrified at the orange monster effect when i was going to the loo.. this made me more conscious about what i was eating and read up more about it and it stated no more that 30g of fat a day or you will see the orange monster effect..

Actually was horrified a couple of weeks ago when i was just about to go out the door and hubby said erm have you wet yourself.. i thought he was been funny, i said no why, so he took a picture of my jeans.. and the orange monster had made an appearance. Although embarassed it made me think more about the fat content, if your seeing the orange monster you are overdosing on fat.

So i booked into a gym and yes i am big and no am not ashamed of my weight as its a medical condition, so have gone to aqua aerobics as its more gentle on the limbs and gone back to swimming and saunas.

i have also looked again at my fat intake and swopped out things and not seen the orange monster for over a week.. so must be good.

Well i have a long way to go on these, i have to be weighed in weekly by our live wire team as our gps and council have a health thing going on and i have to go and see my doctor ever month to get another month of tablets. 

My healthy team expect you to loose 5 percent of your weight in 12 weeks, i have done it in 3 weeks... i am now aiming to loose another 11lbs before end of September as i have lots of events to go to..

So am looking for Buddys who want to go on a long journey together smile

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

Well done on your weight loss, that's amazing. I'm coming to th end of my first week on Orlistat, I started off at 17 stone 12lbs and have lost 4lbs so far. 

I have back and joint pain - partly I think my HRT isn't working properly but the GP can't up my dose as my blood pressure is too high at the moment. She suggested I tried Orlistat to help me lose weight.

I need to get back in the gym - I lost 14 lbs last year by going to the gym and doing a low carb diet. So gym 3-4 times a week combined with low fat and low carb diet should help me reach my goal weight of 12 stone 7lbs. 

Happy to buddy up for the journey!

Dani 

• Posted

Well  done Dani, i have problems with my spine and hips and have to have steroids so they are counteracting them, this week have slowed down but now back at the gym doing aqua aerobics, i cant stop using the injections or i wouldnt be able to move..

lets all buddy up and support each other smile

• Posted

Hi my name is krista my starting weight 17.9 I am now 17.6 and have been on the tablets since 10th August which will be two weeks on Wed but instead of me having 3 tablets of 120mg I am taking two as I haven't got enough supply till I meet with my health practitioner on the 13th September and that's what she suggested so may lose more with the three I also follow the slimmimg world program as I was on the before but lost the mojo so this has got me back on track but it's nice for someone else to talk to that's going through it aswell

• Posted

Welll done Krista, its a long journey and this week i think i have bottomed out a bit with losing so much, the first two weeks, i was on 60mg because of my osteoarthritis and kidney and the doctor wanted to make sure it was ok with me.. i have been on the 120mg for two weeks and gone back to gentle gym stuff like swimming and aqua aerobics.. didnt realise how unfit i was until i was jiggered swimming 4 lengths of the baths when 4 years ago i was up to 50 or 60 lengths a day, but hoping these counteract the steroids i have as i was nearly 20 stone with them but i cannot not have them, so its going to be a long journey and i know there is going to be some weeks where we all struggle, but if we have each other, then we can suceed xx
    • Posted

Hey Krista,

If you have one meal a day with almost zero fat (maybe a fruit salad with zero fat yoghurt for breakfast), you don't need to take a tablet. I'm in the 17's as well. We can do this ladies! 

• Posted

You can do and i normally take three a day but felt a bit queasy this morning so didn't take it but I know others who don't take it if they are zero dat meal

• Posted

That's fantastic. .go you ... I've been on then for months and I've put weight on.. I keep seeing the orange stuff but I don't know what to change as I don't eat a lot . I know I eat to much bread and need to cut that out but if I don't have a sandwich then I'm eating nothing apart from my tea ... pls help ... hull girl xx sad

• Posted

A food diary is good to see exactly what we eat. Easy to slip things in and maybe you're eating too many healthy fats? Why not share what you're eating so we can help? 

• Posted

What I would do is write down what you are eating over a week, try to keep under 30g fat a day and no more than 15g of food, I eat bread but also eat plenty of fibre this will help with orange monster and eat plenty of fruit and veg, I was the same first two week but look for low fat yogurts and low sugar, also sugar free jelly us good
    • Posted

Also if your not eating three meals a day you need to start this. Rematch low fat foods but all diets that work include carbs x
    • Posted

Corine, write down everything you are eating and the fat content, this is wht i did and it stopped and the weight just fell off. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.