Orlistat first timer

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all! I've had a general nosey round here today and decided to post. I'm 24 and started slimming world in 2010, by Nov 2013, I'd managed to lose 12 stone! However since then, slowly but surely, I've gained 4 stone of it back. Sad face.

I've tried and tried to get it off myself but decided to get some help from the Drs. I started Orlistat 3 days ago after some great apprehension of having 'accidents.' So far I've had no side effects at all. I'm sticking to below 40g of fat per day and tracking it with My Fitness Pal. I was wondering how many calories you guys stick to? Or is it just the fat you track?

I want to optimise my diet in any way I can, especially with being on these tablets. Any advice is greatly welcomed!

Xoxo

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Wow congratulations on such a large loss, I stick to below 1400 calories and 30 grand of fat. Its not phased me at all. As long as u read everything you shouldn't have any accidents.

I've been on this 3 weeks and no accidents, or other side effects.

My fitness pal is what I use and its been a great help. There is also an Orlistat Support Group on Facebook if you want to read experiences share ideas etc. Good luck!

Karen x

• Posted

Ah thank you! Oo do you think 40g fat is too high? How have your losses been? I'm so worried that it's not going to work and I'll get disheartened all over again. Willing this to work so much!

I'll definitely have a look for the Facebook group, thank you smile x

• Posted

Well done on such a good loss.

Im not trackng fat or calories.

I'm on a low carb diet anyway for pcos so im mainly eating fruit, veg, salad with lean meats.

I'm nearly 3 weeks in and no side effects.

Good luck.

• Posted

I guess with your diet there isn't much fat in the foods you eat. How have you found the weight loss with the tablet? I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed! X
    • Posted

6lb loss upto now. Will be having a weigh in in the morning to see how I've done this week.
    • Posted

Ah fab! So looking forward to seeing some results! smile x

• Posted

Wow 12 stone is an amazing achievement but so disheartening when you begin to see it creeping back again. That's always been my problem too. When my doc agreed to prescribe Orlistat I was determined I had to find a way to ensure that any good  they did wasn't reversed. I've looked at all kinds of theories about how to get free of yo-yo dieting but none of them made any sense to me. Then I came across a book called Never Binge Again by Glenn Livingston. It's a completely different approach and probably not suitable for everyone but it's definitely worth considering and at the moment the Kindl version is free on Amazon. I've been following it for about 6 weeks now in conjunction with taking Orlistat and I've been so pleased. But the best part of it is that I feel quite confident that I'm never going back there again! Good luck whatever you try!
    • Posted

Definitely is disheartening when the clothes you felt so good in don't fit anymore. I'll have a look at that book for sure, I've got a kindle somewhere so I'll got no excuse if it's a freebie! Thanks for the recommendation! And good luck with your continued journey smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.