Orlistat.........Its not working for me,been taking it over a month :(

Posted , 15 users are following.

I started off at 15st 9lb and I'm now 15st 4lbs. What can i do? I started taking the tablets on the 10th June. Can anyone give me a typical daily menu that they have please? Im thinking of going to get some Slim Fast tomorrow. Help!!

3 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well, I have been on Orlistat for over three months and I have lost maybe ten pounds. I still feel hungry most of the time. I am afraid to stop taking the pills in case I gain it all back and then some. One thing that nobody has referred to is that any diet will fail if you cannot follow it for the rest of your life. I am 67 but am 50 lbs. overweight. Good luck everybody.

• Posted

Beryl you should defiantly be seeing a bigger loss than that, send Britney Spears a message and she will send you a link to her blog... Will tell you what to eat to help and even some nice treats xxx 
  • Posted

What's a typical day for you activity wise and food wise?

And what motivates you?

Shelagh xxx 

• Posted

What motivates me? Seeing people looking nice and thin. I don't want to be an embarressment to my children sad
    • Posted

Typical day food wise is

Cereal (bran flakes,rice krispies) for breakfast with skimmed milk because thats all I use anyway (red for me,blue for kids)

Lunch would be a sandwich maybe,ham salad or cheese salad

and then tea would be salad with chicken or boiled ham with either a couple of new potatoes (and i do mean 2) or 4 or 5 oven chips (as id have made them for the kids so just throw a couple on)

• Posted

Are you taking orlistat after every meal?  

Try something completely different this month.. And make sure you're eating enough calories ... Look into maybe having an egg for brekky, a chicken salad for lunch and say a baked potato and something for dinner... It will come off, but not everything works for everyone so you need to mix it up and see where you go.. I haven't had breakfast for 30 years, I now have a meal replacement drink for breakfast just to boost my metabolism and get me going... Also you want to be taking a multi vitamin at bedtime, boots do some reasonably prices ones.

• Posted

Hiya. I lost 1stone 4lb in 4weeks. 

I ate weetabix and fruit or poached egg for breakfast. Lunch would be cous cous or pasta salad and dinner would be steak salad or stir fry. 

The weight dropped off. Good luck xx

• Posted

I walk. And I go on excercise bike for 20 mins,fast enough to get a sweat on. I do 40 squats and i go on the vibro plate 4 times a week. Im a busy mum too,don't sit down all day. I work in a school.
    • Posted

I'm a mum of 7 and according to my doctor ... Running around after them isn't excersise lol.. I walk 5 miles a day and just started swimming in the sea ( only because I'm banned from driving for 6 months and the pool is 2 miles away and the sea is 100yards lol)

The plan is too think thin! 

And another is to take measurements , the loss sometimes won't show in your weight but will show in your dress size, I've lost over a stone in 4 weeks and at the beginning I couldn't walk 500 yards let alone 5 miles due to a knackered knee.. I have gym equipment at home too and often go on the treadmill at night,

You absolutely WILL do this!!  Start by researching food, re educate yourself.. Think of food as fuel to do what you need to do rather than something to comfort you...

The support on here is amazing, so don't even contemplate giving up because this time next year you will be sat there inspiring someone just like you!

Shelagh xxx 

• Posted

I keep telling myself that  'eat to live,not live to eat'. I'm just thinking this way all the time. I've been reading the posts for a few weeks and have finally plucked up the courage to speak!! I feel a bit daft to be honest but now i hopefully will have to motivation from you guys smile My jeans do actually feel a little looser and i've noticed a flat part on my stomach,which I think is a good thing (?) Bought lots of fruit this week (more than normal,just for me!!!................yeah right,like i wouldn't share it!!)
    • Posted

I'm taking the Orlistat though too. I just thought I'd see a massive change by now but nothing sad
  • Posted

Hang on.. You've lost 5lbs in 10 days??? That's fab! X
    • Posted

No...48 days. I started taking them on the 10th June. Not missed any tablets,if anything,I feel a bit bloated!
    • Posted

The bloating is horrible, you should be drinking as much water as possible, it will help with that.  Are you due a period, most of us ladies retain water and that actually adds a lot of weight, also try and weigh yourself at the same time, same place, same clothes each week , month whatever you decide to do.

Sometimes it comes off slow and then just drops off when you're not expecting it, are you having any problems in the bathroom? I drink a mild laxative drink every night as straining causes bloat as well xx

• Posted

When I feel like I need to 'go' I expect a lot but there won't be but it will have felt like i need to go a lot. My bottom is starting to feel a bit sore too (sorry for too much information!!). I have like little droplets of orange,not loads though,they're like sequin size,only a couple. I'm due next week maybe. I'm going to try drinking more water,give that a go!

• Posted

Yeah you would defiantly benefit from a laxative drink then.. Just fybogel or similar the doctor will prescribe it .. The orange is the fat, this means you are eating too much fat and if it gets higher then the side effects will be bad sad. ( running to bathroom!)

I use superdrugs own it a few pounds cheaper and it's only a difference of 30 calories per drink -can highly recommend the strawberry flavour , I use skimmed milk and only 3 scoops as it just lowers my fat intake... Worth a go, too few calories is as bad as too many sad 

The water will defiantly help! Get used to carrying a full bottle with you, and you want to refil it often! 

Will log on tomorrow, g'night xxxx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.