Orlistat Virgin

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just started the tablets today - finally gave in to my doctor!  I don't expect a lot in the way of loss, as I can't walk much due to the state of my knees.  I'm also have type 2 diabetes, which means that I have to look really closely at the sugar content as well as the fat content, as low fat food can also be high sugar.

Thank you, BritneySpears for all the helpful advice on your blog - looking forward to trying the recipes!

I have a problem regarding the multivitamins; due to having  haemochromatosis I need a multivitamin that does NOT contain Vitamin C or Iron, as it will add to my iron problems!  Does anyone know of one??

Day 1 today.  Nothing stirring yet.........fingers crossed!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Good luck with the tablets ive been on them about 10 weeks lost a stone but then put 3lb back on while on holiday

• Posted

Thanks Angela!  I'm finding that the only things that I have cut out of my normal diet are biscuits, cake, cheese in large quantities and chocolate.  I did a week like that before starting Orlistat - and didn't lose anything, so I'm wondering whether it will have much effect - 50% of nothing is nothing!! Early days yet, and so far, fingers crossed, no nasty surprises!

Did you come off Orlistat while you were away on holiday?? 

• Posted

Hi no I carried on taking the tablets but as I was camping coking was difficult so we ate takeaways a lot and had lazy days so the kids could play..I also don't want to impose my diet on my family as they are not overweight so it would have been unfair to make them walk for miles just so I could exercise I know it's my own fault but I've got 4 stone to lose so looks like I will have to be extra strict when they go back to school x
    • Posted

Good luck, Angela!  I reckon I have at least 7 stone to lose, so heaven knows how long it is going to take.  My doctor has talked about a gastric band - not sure I want to go down that route, but I have to try Orlistat first before he considers that route.

He actually admitted that excersise was going to be very difficult for me as I have problems with my knees, so can't walk very long - makes a change from the usual attitude!

So far, the dreaded orange effects haven't started, but I'm not sure if this is because I am behaving myself, or whether the Orlistat hasn't kicked in yet.

X

• Posted

Hi yes don't thnk I would want to go for the surgery option reading n these forums some people have lost lots of weight I just hope it works for me too, need to sort my head out though with food and remember can't just have that cake or takeaway anymore .... Hopefully you will still be able to lose weight without doing as much exercise good luck x
    • Posted

Have you come across a book called The Alli Diet Plan: Your Essential Guide to Success with Alli ?? I ordered it from Amazon as soon as I was given Orlistat, and it's been a huge help in finding out what to eat.  Only cost 1p but the postage was £2.80. It was originally £14.99, I think!  Pick it up for peanuts at Amazon or eBay!

Still behaving myself. all quiet on the orange front!! xx

• Posted

Ooh no not seen That will have a look for it now would Be a great help sick of reading labels !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.