orlistat ..your advice please x

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone , im a newbie on here, after going to my dr and finding out my BMI is 35.5 (ouch) she gave me info on orlistat to read, i'm considering trying this , what is your views on this ? will it help? ..all your advice  needed please   smile

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I used Orlistat for a quite a while, but I reached a point where after a good noticeable amount of weight loss, I stopped losing weight.

Definitely worth a try - but make sure you're never too far from a toilet.

• Posted

Hi Dianne,

Orlistat does help, but you must stick to a very low fat diet,

Otherwise you may find yourself in an embarrassing situation.

Orlistat sticks to fat that you have eaten and when you goto the

loo you pass it, it does not come out as a solid but as bright

orange oil. Don't think if you eat more fat it will work better, it

won't but the consequences can result in you leaking and this

goes through your clothes and stains.

Follow the instructions and your Doctors advice, eat low fat and

you will be okay. If you know you're going out for a.meal and

can't be sure of the fat content my advice would be to not take it that day. Please don't let this put you off, see what others think

and then you can make an informed choice.

Best wishes

Lenora

• Posted

It made me need to go to the toilet all the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.