orlistate advice&tips

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have just started today, I wondered how long the pills take effect after taking one? I read on here to have 45g fat per day. It must be difficult working out the fat of everything you eat- any tips for this? I have not long had baby number three. I weigh 15stone and want to be around 10/11stone. How is everyone getting on,has anyone else lost this amount or on there way too losing it... Any advice would be great thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura, I see you posted that 7 days ago so how have you got on?  I've lost 5lb in my first week
  • Posted

Hi Susan, thanks for your reply, I also have lost 5lbs this week. I think I am having a 'hungry' day today, I just feel hungry all the time today. I can't imagine keep up with losing 5lbs a week. Will start exercising not this week coming but the next! Hoe long have u been on orlistat for?
  • Posted

First week for me Laura.  Large snack-a-jacks are great if you're hungry and want more than fruit or veg.  Good luck for week 2
  • Posted

Do alli really work,as i want to buy some but they are quite pricey.im 12st6lb and waant to lose about 2 st.
  • Posted

Hi we are all different and lose weight at different rates some quicker than others, I am losing weight fairly slowly according to my GP. This is my 5th month and Ive lost 26llbs so far but at the moment I seem to have come to a standstill. 

5llbs in your first week is great but don't expect to lose that much each week it will naturally slow down,

I have another 1-2 stone to lose yet but Im worried on my next review my GP will stop my prescription if I don't lose much in the next month.

Expect to lose around 1-2lb per week (depending on how much weight you have to lose, if you have a lot you may lose more each week)

Stick to a low calorie diet with plenty of fruit & veg, no more than 5g per 100g of fat in food and 15g of fat per meal - 45g per day. Drink plenty of water as this will help you lose weight!

Good luck with losing the weight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.