Ovarian cancer? cysts? something else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello.

for about a week now ive had lower pevic pain. it started on the right side then the left and now its comes from both and right across.

Its like a very dull achy feeling and its low down, righ on my pevic area.

i now and again have back ache and i do have pain on my righ flank/side area belly button level.

i had a baby 19 months ago and im not on the pill. 

i havnt had sex in a very long time either. 

my cycles are every about 28-30 days with no bleeding inbetween.

my last period started on the 23/10/15 and lasted 5 days.

what coulsd be causing this pain?

i have a doctores app tomorow afternoon but i so scared its cancer?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello meljenk.

It could very well be a cyst. As it has only been a week, if it is a cyst it can just burst on its own. 

I did think maybe ovulation pain but it is at the end of your cycle?

Good luck and come back and tell us what the doctor said. Maybe ask for a CA125 blood test? They are not 100% accurate, if it comes back high, doesnt always mean cancer

• Posted

Hi

Firstly calm down about all the nasties that it could be.....

I would estimate that you are experiencing Ovulation pains, i get exactly the same pains as you are and can immediately tell what is happening, this can occur at any time during your cycles and is most likely the answer to your problem.

Is this the first time you have experienced this pain?

• Posted

hello

i am day 18 into my cycle...can ovulation pay last a week?

its a constant dull achey pain right across lower pelvic are. beyween my hip bones sad

Im in the UK so not sure if they do CA125 blood tests.

• Posted

sorry i meant below my hip bones
    • Posted

can i be really cheeky and ask what were your symptoms? i just dont know what mine could be...its a constand dull ache.

It doesnt effect my day to day things just a nagging ache right across sad

• Posted

I hope to get them today. I have an ultrasound scheduled for Friday as I have suffered with dermoid cysts 3 times
    • Posted

awww good luck smile what does the doctors think it is? can you keep my posted? i thought cucts but would that cause pain on both sides?

• Posted

Am I being daft or are dermoids re occurring sorry to but in on something else xx
    • Posted

Dermoids are a type of cyst. They are basically, blood, hair, teeth etc. Yes, they re occur. I have had 3 lots. If the surgeon leave a small amount, just enough to be visible under a microscope then it can grow back
    • Posted

ohhh ok. ive never had cysts before....that i know of anyaty
    • Posted

Thanks for the heads up never knew that I'm in for a laparotomy bilateral cystectomy next fri xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.