ovarian cyst

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello my name is jessica and im turning 15 in a coulpe of weeks anyway i have a ovarian cyst on my left side and its just hurts sooo much. i need to know a questions :    when my period  come what will the cyst do ??  

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

??? please help me answer the questions

• Posted

Hi Jessica,

My menstrual cramps were more painful because of my cyst. Even after my surgery, I still get bad cramps because I am healing. I'm not sure if the cyst is necessarily affected. I think the cyst affects everything else as it messes with your hormones.

• Posted

thank you for reply raven54620 

yeah i am getting heap of pain too, soo its just messes around with my hormones ?? 

• Posted

Yes. I actually did not know that until after my body went through changes. I gained weight, was always bloated, my appetite changed frequently, my periods were late and short also I had to pee like every 30 minutes to 1 hour. A few weeks after my operation, I lost all the gained weight and I do not have to pee as often. But as I said, I still have painful cramps and I get bloated a lot and my appetite is still wonky.

Everyone's body is different though so you may not experience the same symptoms I did. By the way, my surgery was 2 months ago so I'm still in the recovery process.

• Posted

oh okay yeah my i have the same too about the bloted and going to the toilet alot . My period is here so hopefully the cyst will get flush down if not i have to get treatment done.sad  

• Posted

Hi Jessica, I'm 22 and had a 5 cm dermoid cyst on my right ovary. Just had it surgically removed on Friday. I'm doing really well. Absolutely worth the surgery....no more terrible abdominal pain from the cyst! I get to go back to work in just 2 weeks so if you have to gave the surgery its really not so bad and you can heal up quick! It was causing my testosterone to be really high so hopefully removing that will help (they say it will) it was really messing me up and I had a hernia to repair too and im feeling well. Already off pain pills. I wish you luck with this!

• Posted

hey nikkiL16

omg  wow and thats good that it heel up very quickly. thank you 

• Posted

Hi Nikki,

Be careful. Here I am 2-3 months after my surgery and I get pain if I move too quickly. The tissue underneath the skin takes a lot longer to heal.

• Posted

Oh that's disappointing. Thank you for the info I will try to take it easy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.