ovarian cyst,adhesions and endometriosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,Im a 39 yr old mum of 3 and i have had terrible abdominal pain since 2004,all the different GP'S i have seen have said i had IBS.Any tablets they gave me were useless.Then in feb i went back once again but this time was offered swabs and a ultrasound.GP was very rude and did not

want to refer me as she was sure i was waisting time and money. My ultrasound showed a 10cm cyst on my right ovary,the radiographer insisted that i didn't go back to the same gp again.I then saw my gyno and she said that my symptoms were also signs of adhesions and ednomitriosis,that i'd have to have a endoscopy in 3wks to see whats going on.She doesn't seem keen on doing anything about the adhesions but if im in pain i think they should.

Can you give me any advice please.I also want my ovaries removed their all i have left after a hysterectomy in 2001. THANKS.

1 like, 297 replies

297 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have also been having the same probs told repeatably 4 the last 6 years i have IBS put on antispasmodics and ADs didn't help at all even did counselling 4 anxiety as told it was all in my head. Ended up in hospital 2 months ago severe abdo pain and weight loss sent 4 ultrasound, small bowel follow through and then CT scan week ago found something in my right ovarian region god knows what. Ended up at A + E yesterday in so much pain when they read the results they must have felt guilty took loads of bloods called gynea Doc down to see me said she is putting me on the Urgent list took my phone number and will call me this week. I think they are now starting to panic which is a bit worrying hope to god its nothing awful. When i was in hospital girl in next bed had been in a month before then found out it was ovarian cancer. Just to say keep on at them until they do all the proper tests.
  • Posted

Hi mouth2010,

You sound as if you've been through the mill.I hope everything goes well,doctors need to listen more.I'm 13 weeks in recovery now,recovery what a laugh.They partly removed my cyst and right overy because i have extensive adhesions,which made it a on go to remove the left.However i'm going back to my GP in 2weeks as the pain is back again.My wounds (i had 2) took 11 weeks to heal cause the stitches wouldn't dissolve,my belly button is a a total mess.I've learnt that having the op doesn't mean a solution to the problem. I'm dreading the thought of maybe having to go through it again.I hope you have better luck.

All the bestCupcakes99

• Posted

so sorry they made a mess of it no surprise really NHS gone to the dogs, I ended up back in again all they did was give me an enema as i was seriously constipated, told by 1 snotty nurse i would not get any better lying in bed, told i would be kept in until gynea doc seen me but was discharged by house doctor on the sunday. Tuesday afternoon phone call by gynae doc to say i had an appointment Tuesday just gone there had vaginal ultrasound felt ok until then now in agony have been told i am on list for laporoscopy but god know when, said they couldn't see anything defo not gynea so back to square 1 and the delightful surgeon, hope to god i hear something soon can't keep living on painkillers.
  • Posted

Your right the NHS is a disgrace when i was in i had to remind them to give me my medication and one night i dragged myself out of bed to help a woman who was in agony.They discharged me on day two with only paracetamol cause they could not agree what to give me.I ended up in my gp's surgery the following morning begging for pain relief.My gp was shocked and said he hoped he was never a patient. I was opened up twice a laporoscopy and because they couldn't see most of my organs due to adhesions so they had to do a laparotomy.It's the 5th time my scar has been opened now cause i had 3 cesarens and a hysterectomy.They many as well give me a zip. I understand how you feel,it's like your a hamster going round and round in a wheel.Why can't these so called professionals make a decision and get on with it.They told me they couldn't see my left ovary on the ultrasound or vaginal one but it was the adhesions covering everything.If i have to go back in again i'm not having the same gyno,she'e make a terrible mess of my belly button,instead of it being one small one it's long lumpy ,purple and in two parts.I keep looking at it and thinking what the hell have they done to me. On my discharge summery tthe gyno has said that she hopes she has removed all of my ovary but has left same of the cyst as it was to adherent which means it can make hormones and develope again.I really hope you get sorted out soon and i understand how you feel about taking pain killers all the time but i'm still on them now.If you want to talk about it any time just leave something on here i'll always be happy to chat,it does help.Take care. :oops: 8)
  • Posted

know how you feel young girl when i went in was there to have her Endo removed ending up slicing her bowel surgeon wanted to remove the bowel Gynea said no as she was only young in a right mess i just happen to have the same surgeon if he makes a mess of mine i will put in a complaint. His attitude stank to full of his own self importance, hubby brought him down a peg or 2 when he spoke to him haven't seen him since. Now trying to decide whether it's Crohn's or something else felt like giving them a coin and say toss it up and come to some sort of decision as i am sick of this. Hope your feeling a little better, it's ridiculous that you have been opened 5 times don't they realise it only makes more adhesions each time.
  • Posted

Hi saw my doc today and he seems to think the cyst may have grown back because he believes that if some cyst was left so was some ovary as well.I asked him how long it would have taken to come back he said one monthly cycle is all it needs to product hormones.So who knows,i go back next week and if i'm no better he will send me for an ultra sound.But will they see it if there are more adhesions? He had no idea.
  • Posted

They cannot see adhesions on an ultrasound as far as i know, still haven't heard when i will get a lapro if pain gets to bad will just go back to A + E and refuse to leave until they do something for me, we have an expression where i live in N Ireland there about as much help as a chocolate fireguard i am beginning to think i could do a better job than most hospital doctors.
  • Posted

I saw my GP today and he's refered me back to the hospital and given me stronger pain killers.I couldn't control my emotions at all and just burst into tears.He was very sympathetic and was really angry that i'm going through all of this again.I've lost 80kg's i'm shocked i knew i'd lost weight but not that much,I'm only 5ft 1in.I don't know what they will do or how long i will have to wait for a appointment,just so upset today and totally fed up. :cry:
  • Posted

Don't blame u when i went to see my GP was told by him down 4 lapro when i phoned the hospital told i wasn't down 4 colonoscopy and upper endoscopy but couldn't tell me when as the waiting list is so long just have to wait 4 the letter ok 4 them there not in pain all the time r they perhaps they would like to live in our shoes 4 a week. And my husband has just had to go to Scotland 4 his sisters funeral she was only 61 died due to wrong diagnosis at hospital really give u confidence in the system. Hope u get sorted soon and start to feel better.
  • Posted

Hi, so sorry to hear about your sister inlaw.I am seeing the surgeon who did my hysterectomy and he's really good.Well i hope he still is,the tablets i'm on are strong felt like a drugged elephant last night my head spinning but it didn't stop the pain.The doc i saw yesterday said he'd never heard of the gyno that did my op - worrying.He was convinced it was a man but it was definately a woman , was wearing a blouse,did have a deep voice now come to think of it.I ment to mention before my doc has put me on MOVICOL sachets for my constipation they don't taste great but they do work,ask yr doc for them if you can get them were you are or something like them.Hopefully we'll both come on hear one day with positvie news.Take care.
  • Posted

My GP gave me paracetamol and remeidene forte painkillers and manovac for constipation go back to see him this week and am going to complain about the treatment at the hospital not being able to give a date i know there under pressure but it's ridiculous to have to wait so long. Considering i was in and out twice 4 nearly 3 weeks they could have done something while i was in there and saved time and money.
  • Posted

I agree with you but these people as i say don't know their arse from their elbow.I'm up so late in pain once again,had 3 and half hours last night and getting up with the kids at 7am was a killer.

i don't blame you complaining,We were having a chat to night and if i find that my last surgeon has messed up then we are going to sue.I could tell that something wasn't right my gp was very quiet yesterday.

I can't get the thought of the elderly lady next to me who was in terrible pain and they made her get up to the loo and walk around.Then they found out she had a broken hip for 3 weeks while being in there,after falling off her mobility scooter.Their a bunch of clowns.

Sorry to moan on i'm at my whits end,night night.

• Posted

I don't have small children mine are both grown up thank god do have 3 grandchildren 13, 9 and 7 the 13 year old stays with me at weekends as he has high functioning ASD and can be a handful, my daughter is a single parent so i take him to give her a break but he can manage by himself. I broke my pelvis 17 years ago in a car accident was extremely painful never pinned they seem to think that may now be adding to the problems as its all on the same side down on the right just wish they would sort it out, but don't like to admit mistakes. Don't blame you 4 being at your wits end know how it feels you just start to give up after a while and must be doubly hard with 3 small children as you feel you are letting them down by not being there for them when they want to go out and play and do all the usual things children want to do.
  • Posted

Hi cupcake haven't heard off you for a while wondered how you were doing and if you were feeling any better and they had finally resolved your problems, i am still waiting on the colonoscopy and endoscopy told i might get a date in the next month oh whoopee, no rush like still on the old painkillers how are you?.
  • Posted

Hi, Oh i'm like you still on the ole pain killers.I haven't heard anything as yet,the waiting list just to see consultant is about 8 weeks.

I've been up to my ears with bad neighbours as if i don't have enough to worry about. His parents used to live nextdoor to us years ago and his father burgled us,he's out for revenge it seems.

I hope you hear soon,I was stunned that they never pinned your hip you must be in agony.

Noticed something else aswell - not nice but when i open my bowels it is very painful on both sides of my abomin,I bet it's stuck together with adhesions.I'm thinking of having adhesions as my middle name cause i have so many of them.lol.Travelling in the car is painful as well.

I was wondering how would you describe the pain i'm finding it hard to describe mine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.