Ovarian cyst after UFE

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, I had UFE on 30th August and although my recovery was slower than expected I thought it had gone well. I had an ultrasound at the end of October and have just received a letter to say that I've got a cyst on my right ovary. I've been experiencing pain on my right side since before I had my UFE but thought it was because of the fibroids. I'm now worried that I've had a cyst all this time but undiagnosed. Maybe I didn't need UFE in the first place? Has anyone else been diagnosed with a cyst after UFE? I don't really know what to think. Any comments/advice would be appreciated.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi A,

If you got a sonogram and they were explaining to you that they saw a fibroid or multiple fibroids then they probably knew what they were talking about. I have never had a cyst before but its always good to get more than one opinion. I had three opinions before i had my abdominal myomectomy. I would say see another doctor as much of a pain that it is. Good luck.

E

• Posted

Did you have an MRI prior to the ufe? Is the cyst benign? What did the medical team say to you on next options?
    • Posted

Yes, I had an MRI prior to the ufe. I don't know whether the cyst is benign or not (part of my worry because I'm sure I've had it for a while).  When I had the ultrasound in October to check if the fibroids had shrunk I got a feeling that the radiographer had seen something she wasn't happy with but she wouldn't tell me anything, said she would send a report to the consultant and he would be in touch. When I didn't hear anything afterwards I assumed everything was ok but then out of the blue I got a first class letter yesterday saying that I've got a cyst and will get another appointment for another scan in the next couple of months. After the ufe the consultant said he would see me again in 6 months which should be end Feb but I don't have an appointment yet.

• Posted

Easier said than done when it's difficult to get an appointment with one but thanks for the advice, I will try

• Posted

I have a cyst on my left ovary.  It is a non-functioning 'simple cyst' that is inactive and not causing any problems.  It is the active cysts that are a concern.  Google cyst treatment.  It is a blessing that they found it.  Now you can proceed to have it treated. 

I have had 10 years knowing I have fibroids. I was told to sit and wait if they weren't bothering me.  Wrong advice.  I didn't Google fibroids, I trusted what I was told.  In my opinion your UFE was not for nothing.  It was likely the best thing you could do.  Because fibroids don't stay small or inactive like some tumors.  They grow and grow and grow....always.  Eventually you would have had more problems from them.  

• Posted

Thanks Diana, I'm thinking you're right, it was a good thing that I had the UFE as I had loads of fibroids and was suffering from them. I now need to get more information about the type of cyst I have. Who would be a woman,eh....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.