Ovarian cyst can cause acne?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi!

I have a 4cm large cyst on my left ovary and some little folliculus. It will be removed 3 weeks later.

My cyst is sometimes larger, sometimes minor, then larger again, and so on... Is it possible it is on my ovary for a long time? I feel pain on my left side for years. Do you think this cyst can cause acne? I have also acne problems for years. I hope after operation I can get rid of acne too. 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes Alexandra, cysts can cause acne.  You should be better once it's removed.

• Posted

That's right Alexandra, it depends what type of cyst you have, but some increase estrogen, then there is polycyclic cysts which can make acne worse. hope you get sorted soon.
    • Posted

I have only read about "PCO and acne", but nothing about "one ovarian cyst and acne". My laparoscopy will be on 28 May. I very hope I can get rid of acne. 
    • Posted

hiya alexandra can I please ask if you are bleeding with yours? ive been bleeding for 3 weeks now with permant pain and mine measured 3cm and I feel im getting worse sad ive just been left toget on with it as they said it can go. but my hormones are horrid xx hope you get better soon after your op hun xxx
    • Posted

Hi! I went to the doctor because of 10-12 days long little bleeding. Bleeding was beginning on half time. My cyst was about 25mm. I get some medicine, but nothing happened. 3 weeks later I went back to control, then cyst was 41mm. Now my cyst is 31mm. smile Did you have a hormone inspection? Do you have also acne?
    • Posted

I dont have acne just the odd spot hun but my temper is horrid and cant snap out of it. my tummy is swollen and sore with the added flare ups of pains with back ache. I believe its got bigger and I was in hospital 3 weeks ago when they found it and was told I would have a gyno app which still hasnt come. im at docs at 11 and im not leaving without some answers xx they cant expect me to live this way... im so fed up xxx
    • Posted

ive not had my calcium or hormone checked either but if my temper is anything to go on they must be high xx
    • Posted

I hope you will get better soon. Write to me when you arrive home after visiting your doctor. 
  • Posted

ive been to the docs and he is gonna write a letter to gyno to get me in.. sighhhh he said if i get bad just to go to hospital. told him my syptoms again and he agrees its getting worse. so basically i have to sit tight yet again and wait a few more days before i even hear from them. sad 
  • Posted

Hello alexandra i have exactly the same problem as yours

And i've been removing the 4 cm cyst 4days ago i hope u concieved and your acne gets better 😟 pls tell me 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.