Ovarian cyst or possible mass?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone!

I have a Dr appt on the 9th but may go in sooner if things continue downhill. I had my tubes tied in February 2014 and haven't had too many problems. Some issues with regulation of period but overall good. The last few months I've had ovarian cramping, fatigue, frequent urinations, bloating, weight loss, gas, and severe back pain. They told me a couple months ago it was multiple cysts after an ultrasound. Well now this month, the symptoms were more severe, and I was so uncomfortable. I've had pain in my lower back and ovaries so badly that I have to take meds (which I never do) and use heating pads just to be able to go on with my daily life. My period was late this month and short, so I took a test which came out negative, but I also had spotting days before and after my period started/ended. I've also been very lightheaded and have headaches and feel full so easily and go long times with no eating, but then have cravings for certain things. I've read a lot about ovarian cysts and tumors, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had cysts or tumors that cause pain that gets worse over time? I hate the watch and wait solution because I feel as though something bad is going to happen. I had a complex cyst rupture once and it was the worst pain I've ever felt. Thanks in advance for reading!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had surgery for the removal of a dermoid cyst last October 7. My symptoms were acne, bloating, fatigue, nausea and a lot of gas too, but no weight loss. I've had the symptoms for almost a year then last August, i woke up with bad cramps on my lower abdomen and also on my right side. I thought it was a urinary infection so i got that checked, but my urinalysis test came out normal. Then i finally went to an OBGYN clinic cause my symptoms were usually worse during PMS. I had a transvaginal ultrasound and they found a 7cm dermoid cyst. It was the size of an orange. After that, I went to 2 more OBGYNs from a reputable hospital, gone through a lot more tests just to make sure there isn't any other problems, had another transvaginal ultrasound and they confirmed it really is a dermoid cyst then they scheduled me for the surgery. The waiting really is the worst part.. I suggest you listen to what your body says, go to several doctors, have many second opinions until you find the best one.. Best of luck, Heather!
  • Posted

I will raise your orange Heather to my large grapefruit! rolleyes

I have had 3 lots of dermoid cysts removed over a period of 10years.

I would say, ring the Dr and get the appointment moved nearer (are you in the UK) if so, you could even go to the out of hours surgery if things are really bad.

I am at the situation where I have been up most of the night with really bad pain. Pain killers are NOT working now. I was originally diagnosed with a UTI on October 8th. The pain is bad and it really feels that something else is going on in my abdomen.

At 8am I will be ringing the doctor. It's my body and I know it's not right!

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Amanda!

I am not in the UK but the Dr told me if I couldn't wait to just call back and reschedule so I think I'll give them a call. I cant even move or function at some points. Did having your cysts removed help the pain?

Heather

• Posted

Heather, ring them today as an urgency. If the ultrasound found multiple cysts, why didn't they schedule you in to have them removed. i know that most cysts pop every time they appear. Have they told you they are normal cysts or dermoids? Dermoids do not go away, even if the surgeon leave a tiny amount, only visible by microscope, they will grow again. 

Your symptons sound really bad. Have the tubes become stuck to other internal organs?

If i have to go in again, the whole lot is coming out. I am pretty much through the menopause at 49 anyway.

Once the cysts were removed, there is no more pain!

• Posted

Amanda,

I never even thought of my tubes sticking to one another. They told me they were little and they would just watch and wait. And that my hormone levels changed which messed up my body apparently. I'll keep you all updated. Thanks again

• Posted

Although the tubes may not be stuck together, they could be stuck to something else? Bowel?

What happens to your eggs when you ovulate? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.