Ovarian Cyst Removal - Post op?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

I had a laparoscopy just over a week ago, at first the pain where the cyst was had gone straight after the op but unfortunately since Friday I've developed a similar pain back in the same area I've still not been feeling great and really lost my appetite have hardly been able to eat and when I do it gives me a bad stomach 😕 I was suppose to be going back to work tomorrow but have told them I'm still not ready.

I just didn't know if this is normal? is this pain likely to be just where my body is recovering?

Any advice or tips would be great please if possible?

Thanks for listening xxxx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I had a laproscopy to remove the endometriotic cyst from my left ovary - just about 10 days back. I continued to have similar pain as before, off and on, for a couple of days after the surgery but assumed it's the nerve sensation which will take a while to abate. I have been Pain free since but the real test, I suppose would be, just when the next cycle starts because that would be the time my pains would set in.

Would your pain be cycle related by any chance if it's round the corner? My doctor did tell me that the periods will be lighter and less painful from now on as we have gotten rid of the cyst. I suppose that wouldn't mean being entirely pain free, but bearable pain as I used to have before the cyst popped up. Fingers crossed!

I took off for 16 days ftom work. You did the right thing by taking more off days. Everyone heals differently so if you don't feel upto it yet, give yourself some more rest.

• Posted

Thanks anjm yeah it's been 10 days since my surgery. Luckily I've got a gynaecologist appointment tomorrow because I've just seen my GP she was useless had no idea was going to send me to the hospital but said to wait for tomorrow, she's signed me off til 10th June but I'll go back before if I can. She wouldn't even look at my stiches saying she had no idea and only nurses can deal with them so hopefully they will dissolve 🙈 x hope you are doing ok and best wishes for the future thanks for your help xxxx
    • Posted

Hope it all goes well for you. Good luck and speedy recovery.
  • Posted

Good luck at the gynae, hope you are soon feeling better x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.