Ovarian cysts

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a sub hystertony 15 years ago. More recently bleed monthly through rectum with blood covering stool

Diagnosed with cysts on both ovaries consultant says likely to be endometriosis I am worried

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Denise

I was diagnosed with Endometriosis and PCOS in my 20's, I'm now 44.

I remember how much pain I was in before knowing what was wrong. When I had a poo (sorry to be so blunt), it felt like broken glass coming away. I would feel like I was going to pass out. There would be blood too.

Endometriosis is an incredibly painful condition. I had treatment for many years. I rarely had a period and finally had a coil fitted 3 years ago, as I started bleeding and it wouldn't stop. After having tests, a coil was suggested.

I wish you luck and hope this helps a little.

Jo x

• Posted

Sorry ,ladies have been pre occupied the last couple of days

spoke with hospital today have a date for op 27th may.

all I have had is MRI on 04/12/14 results on 03/03/15. Pre op assessment on21/05/15 and op 27/05/15

feel lacking in information with regards to type of cyst etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.