Ovarian Cysts

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I am a 16 year old female. My name is Jackie. I have been having very sharp abdominal pains. I do not know what it could be. I was told it could be cysts on my ovaries. Any opinions?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Ask to be referred for a pelvic ultrasound, standard and abdominal ultrasound.  This should identify any organs that may be causing pain.
    • Posted

I have been to an Ob/GYN and they wouldn't do an ultrasound. The pain just increases every day. I have tried looking up other things it could be 
    • Posted

I'm surprised they refused.  I was referred straight away. Keep pestering your doctor.
  • Posted

Hi jackie94280

It could be..but rather than speculating ask your doc to refer you for an ultrasound scan..this will pick up a cyst if it is there...best wishes for speedy diagnosis....

• Posted

I have asked for an ultrasound and they said they can't do one and will not do one.
    • Posted

Hi jackie94280

What on earth is the reason they wont do an ultrasound scan?? .that's absurd!! That is the only way they can view your abdomen or by CT scan..When you get the pain go straight to A & E or ring paramedics they will have to scan you if your in pain...I have never heard the like of it..the NHS is becoming a nightmare!!! If there is a cyst there it could burst....I'm at a loss I don't know what to think!!!......best wishes for a speedy diagnosis...

• Posted

I am thinking the same thing. I have had pain for a few weeks non stop like pain meds will not work.
    • Posted

Hi jackie94280

Jackie we are talking about your wellbeing here....go for it and do either or as suggested!!.....best wishes...

• Posted

I know we are. I am sure it is nothing but I really would like to rule out anything fatal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.