Ovarian tumors

Posted , 3 users are following.

I found out today I have ovarian tumors. It will be 10 days for medical tests to come back.

Have a trip planned in 10 days and it is a 5 hour drive. Would I have any problems being in a car that long? I could lay in back seat as my boyfriend will do the driving

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, you should be fine.

Did they tell you what kind and how big?

• Posted

No on what kind but there is one on each ovary. 8cm and 6cm

• Posted

Tina, I would not think you would have any different symptoms than you're having now (if any). The cysts are not extremely large so the only thing is maybe more frequent rest stops. Just don't overdo.

• Posted

Are cysts basically same as tumors. Sorry if it's a dumb question

• Posted

No it's not dumb.

A cyst is a sac that may be filled with air, fluid or other material. A cyst can form in any part of the body, including bones, organs and soft tissues. Most cysts are noncancerous (benign). Although cancers can form cysts.

A tumor is any abnormal mass of tissue or swelling. Like a cyst, a tumor can form in any part of the body. A tumor can be benign or cancerous.

So basically something that doesn't belong. Most cases benign do don't panic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.