Over a year with no diagnosis...sure it's Tietze. .so sick of pain!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 30-something old woman in Canada...13 months ago I literally woke up with a huge lump on my left clavicle, and a pain that ranged from an annoying ache to a sharp "torn ligament" type pain that shot down my left arm.

It didn't go away...I ended up in so much pain after a few months that I could not move my left arm at all. I went to ER, where they x-rayed my chest thinking I may have a broken clavicle. Obviously, it came back negative, and I was discharged and told it was probably a sprain that would get better.

It never did. My life has become an endless durge pain and depression. I sought out my own treatment such as physio, acupuncture and chiropractor. Whilst at times the most terrible pain subsided, I was never completely pain free.

Last month the pain (and lump) really set in, you the point where I wear a sling to try and keep my bone immobile. have been in pain for 13 months now...I can't even put my socks on or drive my car with both hands, as any push/pull movement sends a searing pain through my clavicle, across my shoulder and into my back and arm. ...I'm at the end of my tether.

I went to another family Dr, and she had no idea what it was, but was concerned I had a cyst or mass there causing the lump and pain. She sent me for more x-rays and an ultrasound. ..and apart from the ultrasound showing "more space at the SV joint, results are non-specific ". I cried when I heard the results. .at least if there was a mass there, I'd have a diagnosis and some hope of curing this pain.

My Dr seemed to think that was the end of it...I had to BEG her to send me for more diagnostic tests...she reluctantly agreed to send me for an MRI. I'm still waiting for the appointment.

It was only today that I discoceres Tietze Syndrome and this forum..and I feel like I've found the answer! Why didn't the Dr's come up with this? When I found this by searching Google? !

I have to make another appointment with the Dr, to suggest this as a possible diagnosis. .but I'm afraid to...we all know Dr's hate Google experts ! I'm getting so depressed. ..my life isn't my own any more. I used to live working out..I'm getting fat and dispondent.

Sorry for the rant....just feel like no-one gets it!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for all the typos. ..did this on my phone

• Posted

Wow! Mine too started about 12 mths ago and I too have a lump on my left side. U can actually see it popping out. I have seen many Drs as well with no luck , no one has ever given me an answer. I have not been treated so I treat myself to natural products and it has been amazing! I'm in my 30's as well. I take turmeric , krill oil , ginger caps and cranberry. They have been a life saver and are totally safe as they are natural. They are great for inflammation and even my lump has gone down and not as sore. It still acts up once in a while but it's much better

• Posted

Sorry you are going through this too!. .suffering without a diagnosis is a nightmare...it's funny you are taking tumeric, someone was talking about that today! I'm going to pick some up tomorrow. ..good luck...keep us updated!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.