Over did it.

Posted , 5 users are following.

5 weeks post op from lthr anterior approach. 30 staples and a pretty long scar. 2 weeks post op my house burned down and I haven't been able to get the rest I need. After living In a hotel, finding a new place to live, sifting through burnt stuff we finally got somewhat settled in.

Now that my girlfriend is back to work and my daughters are back to school I sit at home all day looking at things that need to be done. After doing things like hanging blinds, moving boxes, and things like that I'm whiped out. Yesterday my legs were so weak I could barely walk. No pain, just weakness. I got both hips replaced 5 months apart so they were pretty weak to begin with. It's hard to sit here all day with so much to do. I suppose the exercise is good.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris

My God have you been through the mill in the last 5 weeks. You deserve a medal the size of a bin lid. You need to cut yourself some slack.

It is very frustrating under normal recovery when you cannot do what you see needs doing. Like you drop something and the grabber is upstairs.

This is a minor irritation compared to what you and your family have experienced and will have impacted on your recovery in all sorts of ways.

What I will say to you is that this too will pass. You will regain your strength and health and the jobs will get done. Be kinder to yourself and just breathe and allow your body and soul some healing time.

I am sending you love light and healing but please be kind to yourself.

Sandra xx

• Posted

My God man to lose your home and go through post op are two life changing events - be kind to yourself and listen to your body to get back the strength you need - day by day - heal well and blessings
  • Posted

I am sorry to hear your home burned down. That in itself is everyone's worst fear. It is number 1 on the stress list add to that two THR and moving , unpacking , and family.

You have been thru major surgery and need to heel at your pace and have help to get thru all of this. 

Family to help you out is very important. 

Your need to remember that you're health comes before anything else. Heeling is an important part of this process. Take it one day at a time be sure your eating well, sleeping and drink protein shakes to help you heel & feel better &  Physio therapy. Just that in itself is a lot to manage at this point for anyone who has gone thru major surgery. 

The rest has to wait until your in a better place to unpack. Leave it for now. Family members can do most of it. It's not your responsibility right now. Your in a good place knowing that you will heel and this will get better in a few more weeks. This too will pass. This will give you a better quality of life for years to come. By the way the scars will get better as time passes. 

Im so glad your in a new home. By the Holidays this will all be behind you!

Many heeling blessings sent your way.

• Posted

hi chris, 

totally in agreement with previous , wonderful posts - 

take care of yourself first - listen to your body - he needs all the energy to repair the damages of 2 major surgeries -

big warm hug

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.