Over10 yrs on Tramadol and dreading trying to quit.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been taking Marol 200mgl prolonged release tabs twice daily plus Tramadol 50mg  for "Breakthrough pain" (about 4 a day) for well over 10yrs. 

After years of visiting with my Doc, I`m finaly going to get some sort of injections in my lower back. This is gonna happen 19 Jan so am hoping for a lot less pain. On the 18th nov my usual prescription delivery was minus my pain killers, so the following morning i phoned my chemist to enquire and was told i had to pick them up from the shop as they do not deliver these items. 

I went to collect them and was told they had no prescription for them and to contact my doc which i did and was told the scrip had been collected by chemist. Any way, this went on with different chemist staff each giving various reasons untill i demanded to see Phillip the actual chemist himself. At this point i was in a right old state as nearly two weeks had passed and i was feeling all the effects of withdrawl.

I can honestly say this was the worst i had ever felt in my life and was in tears in the shop. Again i went home empty handed  but was assured the matter would be dealt with. 

At about six pm, two days ago my meds were finally delivered, but with no explanation or reason for the delay. I am now so worried what will happen after i`ve had my back injections and if they stop my meds.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh dear.

Makes me realise what an excellent chemist we have in the village here.

There would be none of this fuss there I can tell you.

Hope you manage to come off tramadol and the injections work

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah xx

• Posted

Hi, iv been taking that same dosage of tramadol for 3 yrs now n funny enough tht same situation happened to me couple week ago..only difference I hadn't completely used all my remaining so didn't miss any on that occasion. But my experiences of tram withdrawal from missing only 1 slow release at night..I wake feeling completely drained; sweats..especially hands and feet and a widespread pain throughout my body different to my normal pains. Within the hr of taking the tram I feel completely normal again. Dr's suggest I should think of coming off but thts pretty much as far as the their advise goes.
  • Posted

Why didn't you contact your doctor, it is on their say so that presciptions are dispensed.  When you have your injections; your system will still be receiving the same medication, just in a different format.  Coming off or stopping like you did, cold be dangerous, luckily you only had severe discomfort.  Have a word with your doctor for peace of mind
  • Posted

Hi Woodie62, you must talk to your doctor who should be weaning you off the tramadol slowly. My doctor who I was very mad at in the begining for even putting me on it to start with concidering I have had bad anxiety and panic disorder since age 11. But any how, you shouldn't stop taking trams cold turkey, some people have minimal side effects, but seeing how you felt when you left the shop, im guessing you go through the hell on earth that I go through when you stop cold turkey. Talk to your doc and if that is his plan be honest about the dependency your body had built on the trams and a slow wean down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.