Overactive bladder

Posted , 4 users are following.

When I first go to bed I have to get up every 1/2 hour to pee. After that it's

usually every hour. So I wake up feeling like I never slept. Has anyone else had this issue?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you measured your daily liquid intake and how much you are passing?
    • Posted

I haven't recorded how much I drink each day as I don't think we can drink too much water. I'm not sure how to record how much I pass. Perhaps buy a container from a medical outlet. Your suggestion Is much appreciated. šŸŒ»
    • Posted

A cheap pastic measuring jug frtom a hardware shop or supermarket will do. Your intake should Depend on the climate you live in. When I was drinking three litres a day after prostate surgery the urologist said that was far too much.

From the NHS website:

To stay healthy, it's importantĀ to replace the fluid we lose when we breathe, sweat or urinate.Ā 

We get some fluid from our food but most comes from drinks. The European Food Safety Authority recommends that women should drink about 1.6 litres of fluid and men should drink about 2.0 litres of fluidĀ per day. That's about eight glasses of 200ml each for a woman, and 10 glasses of 200ml each for a man.Ā Ā  However, the amount a person needs to drink to avoid getting dehydrated will vary depending on a range of factors, including their size, the temperature and how active they are. So, for example, if you're exercising hard in hot weather you'll need to drink more.Ā  AllĀ drinks count, including hot drinks such as tea and coffee, but water, milk and fruit juices are the healthiest. It is best to avoid alcoholic drinks.Ā 

Try to avoid sugary, soft and fizzy drinks that can be high in added sugars.Ā These can be high in calories and bad for teeth.

• Posted

Lots of good info here. Much appreciated! šŸ˜Š
  • Posted

In my case this usually means infection .One can control thisĀ  with oxybutinin.Hope you sort out.
    • Posted

I've had many tests and per usual, results are always negative. It sounds very time consuming but I'll monitor my fluid intake and my toilet trips. Just start at the beginning!! šŸŒ»

Thanks everyone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.