overactive thyroid .

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was disagnosed with overactive thyroid last year and began taking medication in november of last year but since then i ave no motivation and tired and lack get up and go..became down and out and anxious which i was never was before.

Im now on anti depressents for the last three months.

Has anyone felt down and out with thyroid issues before???

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You are not alone in these feelings. This is the 3rd time i've suffered with overactive thyroid. The physical symptoms i can cope with not too bad......but the emotional is hellish. I have been particularly bad recently. I feel i am being so irrational, moody & weepy. Really feel all over the place. I dont want to go on antidepressants. Got more bloods done to see if the meds are helping me & have a phone appointment with my Dr tomorrow to discuss the results & where we go from here. All i can say is hang on in there. It does get better x
  • Posted

I'm getting close to being diagnosed (hopefully; its taken awhile) but i've certainly since symptoms began showing up suffered from extreme anxiety and slight depression at first, partly because of symptoms. Been also very tired, lack of energy, uninterested at times with doing certain things, so your not alone smile
  • Posted

Its awful the way it makes you feel..all i seem to do is sleep and work and ave no interest in much apart from that..dont have the energy..how long will it last??
    • Posted

Hope you start feeling better. I feel like that but it sort of comes and goes so it kinda sucks sad  All the best best x
  • Posted

It will get better. I am just starting my battle with graves, but I can tell you that you are strong enough to have gotten this far, you are strong enough to keep going. I think for me it was the not knowing what was wrong with me that made it hard. The mood swings, crying, extreme hunger fits, sleeping too much, periods that lasted too long, I didn't realize that they were all related. Now just to carefully medicate, exercise regularly and eat more vegetables and fewer sugars. And protein! I am lucky to have a support system. Please see us as yours if nothing else. I think as long as you calmly and confidently assess yourself, maybe keep a journal (don't just write the bad things!), and find a doctor who you can trust. Please keep it up with the progress reports.
  • Posted

I feel just like you do. I've been on methimazole for 7 months now. I feel like I can't function some days. I definitely have more good days than bad days, but I've been feeling bad for the past 3 days. I also get heart palpitations which freak me out. I would like them just to remove my thyroid completely at this point but I don't even know if that's an option. People say to just do what you can, when you can and try to rest when you don't feel well. So I am trying to just do that. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.