Overheating

Posted , 9 users are following.

There is a strong possibility I have Lupus and saw the Rheumatologist recently so I'm awaiting some blood test results and results of some X-rays. Recently I've been excessively overheating. It's as if there is a furnace inside of my body and I am burning on the outside. I feel the excessive heat on my trunk, face, arms and legs. I then eventually cool down. It happens in bed or at anytime during the day. Is this a symptom of Lupus? Just to add I had a Cortisone injection in my shoulder this week.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello,

I have been diagnosed with Discoid Lupus (Lupus of the skin) about 9 months ago.  I am currently taking Plaquenil and Prednisone.  I too am experiencing the "Excessive Overheating"; especially at night when I go to sleep.  It wakes me out of my sleep at night.  Sometimes I get it during the day at work.  At first I thought it was a part of me going through Pre-menopause until I read your story and the others replies.

We just have stay strong and try to deal with these symptoms for now.

• Posted

Hello. It looks like I'll just have to cope with it. Like you mine is worse at night and wakes me up. 
  • Posted

Hi there , interested in hearing peoples symptoms ...

i have been sufering for over 2 months , with on going body tempreture changing , one min im boiling hot , feel like im on fire , red hot face , fingers ets  then next when still,  i cool down , accumpanied by when i get hot a rash across my torso and climbing up my back , and on my face at times  ..goes once i cool down ..achy joints at times and generally not quite right ...have been back and forth to doctors with all blood tests done  twice ...nothing discovered only vit D deficency ...

wondered if lupus could be the cause ....but dont know much about it ...

• Posted

Hi there I do hope you find the cause.

Have you ever looked at

Erythromelalgia

Heat redness raynards systemic Lupas fibro they can all be interlinked. It's Defo worth taking a look

Good luck

• Posted

Hi there I do hope you find the cause.

Have you ever looked at

Erythromelalgia

Heat redness raynards systemic Lupas fibro they can all be interlinked. It's Defo worth taking a look

Good luck

• Posted

Have any of y'all had any implants? I have serious overheating, itchiness, hives, and more and I'm wondering if it's connected to my dental implant. I've seen so many docs including a rheumatologist and they say my bloodwork is ok.

So sorry to hear about ur conditionssad. If you have any thoughts I'd love to hear them. Praying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.