Overstretched Nerve in hand pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was involved in a work accident and my gloves got ripped off my hands by a machine. Overstretched my nerves in my hands. A month later, I have burning aching pain that throbs nonstop. Will this heal and what's the projected healing time for such injury?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I irritated a nerve in my neck a few weeks ago and I was talking to the physio about the pain yesterday  worst I've ever had and she said nerve pain is different to muscle etc pain, with me it basically had to work it's way up from  my wrist to elbow to shoulder and then settle back down in my neck , she said there is no real connection between the injury and how long it will take to repair itself. It's the worst thing 24/7 no relief none of the drugs i took helped only  big time drugs may help and i didn't want to go there because of side effects. sorry

• Posted

Some nerves they can do an ablation on.(a nerve block). Some they can't, I think it depends on the nerves function, And the risk. Anyway, they do a diagnostic lidocaine injection into the nerve, before doing a permanent, or semi-permanent ablation. It might be worth asking about.

• Posted

I don't find a tens machine much help especially the 'home' type thanks

• Posted

Thanks for the feedback. I have been feeling better and the pain isnt constantly hurting like it was before. All I really did was rest and apply heat as prescribed by the dr. This has been by far one of the scariest/strangest feeling pain I've ever experienced but for the most part it seems to be recovering. Thanks again everyone for all the help as I continue to feel better each day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.