P I P ASSESSMENT AND ESA ASSESSMENT

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all ,Well its been a week since PIP assessment and just sent off forms to see if i can get ESA. I realised when a lady from citizens advice did a home visit to help me fill in form that ATOS do PIP and ESA assessments and i cant help wondering WHY to cut down on time and money, the report they write couldnt be used for boh assessments , the questions are nearly the same and the P I P and ESA are both benefits from DWP i think, correct me if im wrong,  after having a total break down at P I P assessment after weeks of worrying about it im now worring about ESA ass, surely if the report was used for both claims the claimant wouldnt have to go through such distress, and have to wait weeks for yet another descion to be made , its bad enough waiting for a descion on one, wish they would give you some sort of provisional answer when assessment is done. NOW be honest who agrees with me. 

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Think your idea is excellent.  So sorry it's being such a stressful time;...it's appaling what you have to go through!
    • Posted

hi,  DWP would never think of any thing like that some would be out of a job lol thankyou for your support though. :-)xx
  • Posted

Hi Jayne,

There are differences in the ESA and PIP Application forms, but you also have to watch out for the questions that will give you "0" points. These differ between both forms, hence why many people cannot understand why get "0", or is even possible, the answer is yes and you could even write additional notes to those questions, and still receive zero points, they are there to trap you.

Now, it would be easy for you and them to do both together, however it does not work that way for a reason.

ATOS are not the only company that do Assessments, there is another called Capita. Both do the same but Capita are known to be better than ATOS doing assessments,. ESA are not always done by ATOS or Capita.

It was Capita's idea to let Claimants record their Assessments, but this was turned down by the DWP. ATOS are crafty, you can record your assessment if they do yours, providing you create a copy of it at the same time for them!! Many people now are just photocopying all documents and recording the assessments but not informing the Assessor unless they have major discrepancies between what they were asked and the letter they receive. People are now phoning the DWP asking why there are so many discrepancies and that they recorded the actual assessment to prove it. This normally causes the decision to be changed, within a few days.

It would be nice to say it should not be this way, but the DWP does use many "dirty tricks", mainly to get rid of claimants in hope they will not appeal, which just takes up more time. Did you know if a person can deny an ESA Claim, they receive an £80 bonus?? This is why there is so much going on, to cover up "Benefit related" deaths, that report was ready for publication in February 2015, the Tories held it back and said it will be available after the Electrion, and still to this day no one has seen it even though the public are demanding the release and a document was submitted to No.10 containing over 1/2 million signatures!!

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

hi, sorry to reply the way im about to

what you say about "bonus's for finding an applicant fit" is simply not true. i have spoken to several members of staff within the DWP (friends of mine who wouldnt lie). its an urban myth brought about [probably] by the same people who say refugees get moved to the top of the housing list and are housed straight away. said refugees are also give wads of cash in order to buy themselves a car along with (and i laugh everytime i write this) a valid driving license so that these poor unfortunates dont have to suffer the indignity of having to go through a very stressful driving test!

there are soooo many untruths that are spread about maliciously by people who have nothing better to do than stir up trouble for those less fortunate than they are. but no, there is no bonus offered as an incentive to refuse an ESA claimant. but might i ask you to think about this for awhile: if the atos employees WERE to be given an £80 bonus for each claimant they turn down, lets say out of all the people they see in a day (15 seems a good number) and that turn down 5 of the 15 each day. you'll love this Stev3, if they saw 15 people each day and turned down 5. over a week they would earn £2000 in bonuses. kinda looks a bit like that 'myth' is all it is.

• Posted

You do realise you have replied to post that was done 2 years ago. Wow you really must have searched well for that. Sorry i had to reply with that answer....but it makes no sense to reply to a post like this that is 2 years old with a comment like that..
    • Posted

fair play denise, i didnt see the date until well after id sent the messae out, then there was nothing i could do about it. i guess that will teach e hey. funny thing though, id asked a question about PIP and this came up so i figured it was recent. so, feel free to give me the birch as i deserve it lol
    • Posted

haha no worries smile it's easy to skip dates of postings. Feel free to start a new post if you have any questions. Someone will answer smile

• Posted

as this is my first time on this site, i am still feeling my way around. i rarely use forums (did you notice cheesygrin) so wouldn't know where to start with posting.

• Posted

To start a new thread all you have to do is click on the "new discussion" at the top of the page. Then put in your title and ask away smile Everyone has to start somewhere. We were all new at some point smile

• Posted

Hi Hun don't worry if you get PIP you will automatically get your ESA I did good luck xxx
    • Posted

hi there cant believe its that easy, already claiming ESA on sick note still had to complete ESA 50 form and now waiting for assessment, on 13 weeks someting or other cant remember but if you get esa because your getting pip Why do you need two assessments thanks for the luck though xxxx:-)
    • Posted

ESA and PIP Application Forms are different, not a lot but enough that change the Descriptor points per question.

They are marked differently and by different departments of the DWP.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

I CANT COPE WITH NOT KNOWING, it certainly adds to the stress waiting for someone to say YES or NO, people sitting behind a desk that know nothing about you but have the right to say what your entitled to. Mentally and Physically its a strain on me just waiting to know wether someone thinks im eligable for some support. What happened to me mentally was bought on by bullies at work so i havent worked since nov 14, my finances are suffering, once all household bills are paid doesnt leave alot for food, yet that person behind a desk can say NO and get paid £80 bonus for one word, i could make that £80 feed my family for a week. does anyone know how long it actually takes to get that YES or NO thanks
    • Posted

pardon? i know several people who had been turned down for ESA but granted PIP. and they certainly werent awarded ESA once they were in receipt of PIP. you may well have had both your claims looked at and granted at the same time, but you certainly not get ESA just because you had been awarded PIP

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.