Pa Results

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was tested for autoimmune and rheumatoid arthritis about 8 weeks ago. I was then asked to come back for another blood test this week as my pa results came back positive. They said the reason was to make sure it wasn't a false positive. My question is how likely is it for that test to be a false positive. I was recently diagnosed as having fibromyalgia and I am now wondering if that's been the right diagnosis and it is just possibly pa or perhaps have them both. 

thanks for any responses. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Even with low b12 the treatment is the same as PA. Did they test intrinsic factor and parietal cell antibodies? Ask for a printout of your results. Ask for vitamin d test too
  • Posted

It hardly seems fair, but autoimmune issues seem to go together...If you have one, there's a greater chance you can have another. It's possible that you have both...but I hope that's not the case.

I wish you luck!  As Heather said, low B12 is treated like PA, but I think if it's not PA it can resolve after the injections. Otherwise, the injections (or a sublingual dose) continue as needed.  I couldn't believe how much better I started to feel with a proper (or closer to it) amount of B12 in my system!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.