pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

i everyone hope your all doing ok

just a question went for a walk yesterday and had calf pain then today i went for a walk again and half way i felt as if something had snapped in my calf really struggled to walk home and have had to sit with my leg up all day  3 months post trk any suggestions welcome

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm 8 months po new plastic knee cap and metal trochlea. Knee is coming along fine but I too have lots of calf pain, can't explain it because some times calf is fine and then all of a sudden, wham! It's like my calf muscle just tightens up suddenly. I just put my feet up, put a hot water bottle underneath my calf and take ibuprofen. Many people on this forum say it takes at least 12 months for things to settle, so I'm just sticking with it for now. However, if in doubt talk to your GP.....if only to put your mind at rest. 
  • Posted

Thanks Pam will try my heat pad tonight i did ice it when i came home and rubbed some anti inflammatory into it will see what its like in the morning god if its not one thing its another
  • Posted

hi linda ive had calf pain a few months ago mine was due to calf strain my muscles were very tight ,when mine hurt i could hardly walk it hurt like hell . when i got them it took days for me to feel comfortable to walk .for me it happened a few times over a number of weeks i was fed up of it .i now dont get it anymore first really stretch your legs before going for a walk even if your going for a short walk ,after tkr your muscles are week mine were asleep .!! i also took calciumtablets for awhile and increased water and also started to eat more bananas . overall its probably muscle weekness
  • Posted

Linda, as all of us on this forum know, everything after knee surgery is just a BIG pain in the..................a*** lol! Good job we don't know beforehand what's coming........just keep smiling!
  • Posted

Calf muscle and tendon tender and sore post TKR.  Improved slowly (very slowly) with repeated 'careful' stretching.  If I over use it, i lose it!  Warm up the knee, stretch the calf, then walk -- walking slowly and with good 'form' has served me well so far.  

Good luck.

• Posted

I also had a hell-of-a calf issue.  Cramps, tendon pain, etc.  Found that I forgot to include the Archilles tendon in pre-op stretching.  I do tendon and calf muscle stretch 2-3 times a day and as a warm up before any walks.  After 10 days, it's beginning to losen up and "act right."  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.