pain

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi is any one else's pain much worse on one side of the body than the other ? My left side is much more painful than my right . Thanks

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Claire my left side has alwAys been the most painful side. I always get headaches on left side also.
  • Posted

My right side is the most painful for me.  Sometimes think my rheumy thinks since it favors just one side that it isn't PMR.
  • Posted

I thought it was both sides as well. Which is making me think maybe I don't have pmr?
    • Posted

It has a mind of it's own and chooses where and when to strike.  Suppose a textbook case is both sides, but those of us that "ache" elsewhere are considered atypical.
  • Posted

Hi Claire

My right side is always the one with pain. Pre prednisone it was both but since prednisone it is my right arm daily and shoulder.

If i get a good sleep i wake up pain free but by late afternoon the pain starts back. Only had 1 day since the start of prednisone at the end of Sept that it didn't bother me.

I chaulk it up to I'm right handed but now i try not to use it as much .

• Posted

I think it depends on whether your a lefty or a righty, either way you will favour one side so pain will be more pronounced on the side that predominates.   I have PMR (I think) in arms neck and back and I'm right handed, when the right side gets too painful I compensate by using my left, when that happens then I experience more pain in the left.   Having said that, the pain in my back is only always on the right, whether that is because of pre existing conditions I don't know, but it is interesting.
    • Posted

Hi i am right handed but my pain is much worse on the left side but the back pain is all over .
  • Posted

Hi Clair, yes I have more pain in my left than my right. And at the mall meant tends to be in my hips and upper leg than my shoulders.

Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.