Pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

i am going for my pre med tomorrow.  Hip replacement op June 4th. Not long to wait now.  As you all know it's painful having an athritic hip but oh my goodness it's been so bad this past two days.  I can hardly put any weight on my leg. I could cry.  Trying really hard to be thankful I just have a week to go until I'll be pain free.  Feeling sorry for myself.  😓

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

You have good reasons to be sorry! It won't be long now, and the particular hell of OA pain will be over. You will have the post-op pain, but that is temporary and I hope you will have that well-controlled. So sorry for the extra pain you are having right now. Best wishes for the 4th!
  • Posted

Oh Jennifer I feel for you that pain is relentless. Not long for you to go and once they get that nasty old hip out and a lovely new one in that'll be a thing of the past.  The week before my op was by far the worst week, I'm sure it must be a mental thing we have I'm sure others will agree.  Hope you get some relief, thinking of you.
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer,

I'm day 22 post op and 46 years old, I'd had OA since I was 30, the pain and limp was terrible but I was still terrified of the op and put it off far too long. The realisation (when spinal wore off) that I had NO OA pain was quite overwhelming!

I can now walk 2 miles with two sticks with no pain, I've a long way to go but boy was it worth it!!

You go girl, be thinking of you on the 4th, better days are on the way.

Big hugs,

Fiona

Xx

• Posted

Hi I'm also having my pre-op assessment tomorrow.  No actual date for the op - mainly due to the fact that I missed the call today - very frustrating!

Which hospital are you going to?  Mine's at the SOTC.

• Posted

Hi Jennifer. Good luck for your op.i am 14 days post op and am already off pain killers and using one crutch. I'm 65 years old.you have this to look foreward to.pain free.😊😊xx
  • Posted

Thank you all,for your lovely comments.  I have tears running down my face.  You are all so encouraging.  I have heard other people say the pain was worse leading up to the op. I am 68 and quite fit for my age so am hoping for a good recovery. I am going into Newhall in Salisbury.  Thank you all once again. I will keep you updated.  Also good luck to you all with your recovery.  Xx
    • Posted

I know it's all rather frightening but good luck to you today and for your op on 4th.
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer, Just had m second hip done on 21 May. i am getting there slowly it a week tomorrow. I am so happy I have had the OP Look at it this way it will give you your life back so have fun. I run a local badminton club on Monday. I am now 62 and have a great life. Not long now take care god bless. Kind Regards Rex
  • Posted

Being free of that OA pain (I likened it to a lightning bolt down my leg), is absolutely marvelous.

Even with everything I had to go through, I would do it again, but just with my new surgeon frown

Graham

• Posted

Hi Jennifer,

It's your body's way of telling you that's it I've done as much as I can to keep going now that the end is in sight I can give up, and boy does that hurt!

That happened with my first one, the pain was unimaginable (except for us on here who know what each one is going through!), but as soon as the operation is over and the healing process begins, what a difference, no pain from OA and a whole new mind set.

Good luck and we'll all be rooting for you.

Gwen xx

• Posted

Thank you Gwen. I went for my pre med on Friday so that made it more real . Up until then I was fine , but now I'm very nervous but know it's all for the best. Xx
    • Posted

A few days after my first one I was mentally prepared to have the second one done. Unfortunately, due to other issues with my

health I have had to put it off until August, but I was like you at the beginning, really nervous and worried but after you will be so relieved.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.