Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a colonoscopy on Wednesday whereby I had 6 polyps removed, I have developed a pain in my right side lower abdomen where I had a cluster of 3 polyps removed should I be worried?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi no don't worry it takes a good 2 wks to get over it you may see a bit of delayed blood as well as l have its just where they have pulled you about x

• Posted

Hi:  The Aftercare Advice I've been given says that if you experience any severe pain you should get it checked out.

I am in discomfort after having 10 removed yesterday, but I think discomfort and tenderness is to be expected.   Depends on how bad the pain is really.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi.  I don't know your name but mine is Jane. Greetings! Firstly, don't be worried.  You have had invasive surgery and you WILL be in some discomfort.  If your hopsital is like mine, they should ring you in a couple of days and ask you how you are feeling. You may also have some blood loss.  Don't be concerned unless it is copious  - ie about a cup full.  I unfortunatey have become quite an expert on this!  So far I have had four but so far nothing untoward has been found,  They are just extremely merticulous. Let me know how you are feeling by next week.  My last one was Tuesday and I have had very few symptoms apart from a little blood loss.  Believe me, you will be fine. Love and hugs

• Posted

The hospital did ring me Thursday I told them I had a bit of pain but the nurse thought it could be wind from the procedure because as you know they pump air into your bowel, thank you everybody who has replied to my post. Susan 
    • Posted

No problem.  There are a LOT of us out there who have gone through this awful procedure.  We are there to support eacother if we can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.