Pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

My neurologist stopped my tegritol because my liver enzymes were 10 times higher than normal. My Neurontin was decreased from 300mg tid to 200mg tid. She put me on Lyrica. I stared having the electrical shocks the next day when changes were made. I have pneumonia and

am waiting to be cleared to have the MVD surgery.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about your pain. The liver enzymes level is really scary. I currently take a very low level of Tegretol, and I am blessed that it is working, but I always worry about how long that will last. Do you think Lyrica will work over time? Does it take several weeks or a month to kick in? 

• Posted

The lyrica made my chest feel funny and heart rate high. My pharmacy says neurontin does the same thingoes so why take both ? So I stopped it. Will call doctor Monday.
  • Posted

I am sorry you are dealing with that right now. TN was the worst pain in my life. No one knows unless they walk the walk. You have to do what is best for you and your body long term. I had the MVD surgery. I felt Tegritol was like trying to kill a lion with a sleeping pill. I wanted to eradicate it. I already deal with chronic migraines, so adding this was crippling. My life revolved around a cycle of pain and misery. No one understood what I was going through. I am doing well now. I am going to prayers your way, even if you are not religious that's okay. I hope this helps, take care.

• Posted

Oh I wouldn't be making it this far without my faith. I believe God has led me to this neurosurgeon and to this website. Please pray and be in agreement for my healing however God chooses to do it.

• Posted

I will be praying for you. I am glad that I too found this support system. Your life feels like it is in limbo while you try to figure out what is best.
  • Posted

Will pray for speedy recovery from the pneumonia and successful MVD surgery. Good luck and God bless.
    • Posted

Thank you Jewell. I am asking God to direct my path, not just my decisions. I trust him. Thanks for the encouragement.
  • Posted

So sorry to hear of your predicament. Can I ask what dosage of Tegretol you were taking and over what period of time to cause high liver enzymes. I am taking Tegretol myself and going for a check in a couple of weeks time with fingers crossed!
    • Posted

I was only on 100mg three times a day. I was on it three weeks. May not be damaged liver just high enzymes. I had pneumonia also which added to it. And I was taking 4000mg of Tylenol daily plus percocet thst has Tylenol in it. Anyone on this meds should get labs drawn every so often.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.