Pain after Cystoscopy - what to do?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I'm 41 years old male. A month ago I had a flexible cystoscopy in a private hospital.  I had microscopic blood in urine and they wanted to check and be sure its nothing wrong in the bladder.

There was nothing wrong and I wished in the hindsight I hadn't done it.  The part when the tube entered from my penis into the bladder was a bit painful and quite uncomfortable. I still can feel that slight pain after a month.  At first after a couple of weeks it was nearly all gone, but now after a whole month I have real pain. How is this possible?

The pain comes from deep part of my penis, I would say closer to the prostate. There is a burning sensation throughout the penis.  I haven't had any sexual intercourse before and since the procedure.

Is this something that would go away or should I be worried? Any advice would be highly appreciated,

Thank you,

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Houmie:

My first reply this forum.

Recently had Cystoscopy procedure.... I think ridged since seen 12 or 14" rod (nothing flexing) used.

Would have cried out but learned with rectal Procedure (hemroids) not to react by shouting out. Doctor jumped and caused another problem.

This time I grinned and beared it. 

Cystoscopy lasted about 90 seconds, with pain around 20 seconds. No problems seen and glad I did not complain. 

I WOULD NOT BEAR THE PAIN you are having now. Go back to DOCTORS (maybe even another doctor for second opinion.

Good luck and keep us informed please. And ask about General Anesthesia. I think a Doctor willing to go this way is more caring.... it gives him more time to look (no rushing) But cost more!

• Posted

i had it done last week and i screamed i must admit it really hurt i am 71 i have pain for a week but now on antibiotics which im hoping will clear it up i was diagnosed with bladder  cancer and have an op on the 7th of october i had blood in my urine because a vein burst
  • Posted

HI HOUMIE

I HAD THE SAME PROCEDURE

EVERYTHING WENT WRONG

BRUISING RETENSION PAIN

BLADDER REJECTING CATHETER ECT

YOUR BODY LIKE MINE IS SENSITIVE

TO ANY INVASION

SEEK YOUR DOCTORS ADVICE AS YOUR

BODY IS STILL REACTING TO SURGERY

YOU WILL BE OK IN TIME

GOOD LUCK

• Posted

Hi houmie,

I just came across your post. I know it's been awhile, I was curious if your penis pain and burning from your cysto has gotten better or if not have you found out what's going on in there? I had the exact issue, but I had an existing stricture and i'm assuming they either further damaged it or caused another stricture in my urethra. I still have the pain today almost a year later, but I also had a urethrotomy since then. Anyway it sounds like they may have hurt you. They may have nicked your urethra. Would like to know what your status is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.