Pain at the extreme!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I found this forum, the same way most of the people on it found it, pure desperation. Having been to my GP and presenting myself to our local A&E and trying a sports masseur , i eventually went to see a private orthopedic surgeon, who  immediately diagnosed this awful condition. He give me an injection and said it would take between 6-8 days before i would see any difference and it would get worse before it would get better. He was spot on but it is now 12 days and better means, instead of the pain being in the 10 region on the scale, its sitting at about 7. Sleeping is being wakened as usual but not immediately "stretching" (lol as if) for the tablets but walking the floor and trying to re fix those wonderful pillows and cushions on my bed that where previously just used for decoration and now used for medical purpose.  on this forum read all the posts and try anything because someone said what works for me may not work for you.  i have tried , heat , ice, medication, massuer and injection,  it really is trial and re trial. i have also never been on any forum, but felt that  i needed to tell my story so someone may get some comfort from it, as this forum made me feel better re my condition, more than all the medication did.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi foxee , we all hear you and feel your pain, and yes this forum is a life saver when you just need to rant and for someone to understand, we are here!! I have tried a range of the weird and wonderful methods to try and cure this awful condition; I found most relief with heat and a TENS machine. I found the cortisone injection done nothing for me and and physio just aggravated the situation.. I'm pleased to say I am now Frozen; the pain has all but gone and I'm just left with limited ROM at present; I started my journey in Oct 15; i am unsure when it will end but I now at least believe it will.. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
    • Posted

I had frozen shoulder for four years which then became a full tendon tear. So know exactly what you are describing. I had shoulder surgery 7months ago and am still sore!!, Plus I have had Fibromyalgia for over nine years. I have just been given tramadol but am nervous about the,side effects as I am single mother of two sons with no support except myself!!!!!! I also had two cortisone injections.
  • Posted

its excruciating ive nearly been to A+E it has crossed my mind befote ive broken down at work on restricted duties been on morphine and tramadol since August of a nightbto get sleep. im on the other side ive had 2 injections it eased the pain had hydrodilation in February all have eased it but i still get pain i still have limited movement im a couple months short of 2 years i go to have surgery in the morning at 0830hrs hoping this will end my misery in a few months but unfortunatly it has 80% chance of happening to the other shoulder within 12months
    • Posted

Good luck and best wishes I hope the surgery gives you relief.. The thought of this happening in the other shoulder is just too much to bear!!
  • Posted

This forum has been of huge benefit to me. Stick with us and we'll all get each other through.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.