Pain behind knees with fibromyalgia

Posted , 12 users are following.

Any other fibromites get this pain/ache? It's behind both knees, anyone?

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Pam,

I get pain behind both knees but it seems much worse in the left one plus this one gives way sometimes but not the right one? Waiting on x-ray results for left one, but am sure it will come back normal (just like every other test)

• Posted

Hi Pam

Hope you get some relief soon. I only get in left knee due to osteoarthiritis.

Gentle hugs wink

• Posted

hi pam can i ask what the difference is between fibromyalgia and arthiritus, what is fibromyalgia, i get pain behind both me and the doctors told me it was arthiritus.     best wishes x
    • Posted

Morning Jayne; read you post, and thought I would answer for you, although I realize that you addresed your question to Pam.....Arthrites is the Joints being affected (there are many types.....Rhuematoid/Osteo/Psoriatic etc).....the body attacks the joints...in OA, like mine, the cartilage is affected, hardening, and therefore becomes bone moveing against bone (without the Cushioning of good cartilage).....Fibro is Painful muscles and Ligamentstendons etc....affecting the Fibrous tissues in our bodies....both are Auto-immune diseases....just affecting different parts of body.....Fibro also has a lot more side affects, such as dizziness/weakness/tiredness/....and then you can find some areas where they DO overlap (as in my case where the OA in my jaw, has caused Fibro in my facial muscles)......so.many... (if you go to symptom checker, which is found above/or even the internet google....you will find the difference....good researching.....).......Bron
    • Posted

Hello jayne03174 

I realize this thread is very old, I just hope you read this. I have ra, osteo, Fibro, Sjogrens Syndrome, etc etc. I also have had pain behind my knees for over 4 years. I've had xrays, but nothing more until recently when the xrays showed bakers cysts. I've since gotten an MRI and will see my surgeon next month, March 2017. From what he said Bakers Cysts do not just appear on their own and since I have a lot of the other symptoms of a torn meniscus, he thinks that might be what I am looking at. If I do have a torn meniscus he can do surgery to correct that. So just wanted tos hare a little bit of information with you and hope you receive an answer to your knee issues

• Posted

morning Pam;  is your pain actually directly behind the knees, or on the sides?  I get Very bad pain (worse if touching/trying to sleep on one side) on the outer sides of knees.....between the ligament and knee cap......it has been driving me mad over the last week or so.....and when I try to sleep on my back (which I have never been able to really do), I wake up as if I'm choking (tongue slips back down my throat)......so sounds similar....do have OA in both knees, but this is Completely different (a tender/soreness).....such is the old Fibro.....never a dull (or should I say here, a painfree) moment????............rolleyesBron
    • Posted

Behind my knees & upward towards my thighs & sometimes down the call but mostly right behind my knee caps 
  • Posted

Hi Pam I have pain in both knees but the left kne seems to be more painful, Im going to have aword with my gp when I next see her. hope it soon eases for you gentle hugs take care x
    • Posted

Is the pain behind your knees? 
    • Posted

Hi Pam my pain is all over my knees front and back they do swell up at times. take care gentle hugs 
  • Posted

Has anyone looked at Sciatica with leg knee pain ,due to sitting for long periods Just a thought 
  • Posted

thx for all the replies, it's such a strange place to get the pain, so was really just curious to see who else suffers from this. My pain/ache is behind both knee caps & feels as if they are swollen & it's there whether I rest or not.
  • Posted

Hi Pam069,

I don't know what to do with the swelling,aching knees.I am not sure its all Fibro

related so,best to see an Orthopedic to asses your real knee pain.

I drink a Blueberry drink I purchase at one of the Wholesale Clubs that gives

me some relief and twice a year. I may have an injection in one or the other.

Eventyally,I may have to resort to surgery but keep hoping for a non-surgical

cure.

• Posted

Hi Pam, yes i do get the awful knee pain in both knees like you do, it's partly down to this persistant excruciating pain that i finally got diagnosed with fibro, ive been in a flare for a few weeks now and have been in extra agony with my knees.

Hope you are feeling a little better soon hun, it really is no fun at all is it sad

*big gentle hugs* xx

• Posted

Do you have pain behind your knees or is it on the knee caps? Mine is behind my knees
    • Posted

Mine is behind the knee caps, like in the 'core' of my knee area right where you can't reach to rub or put heat or ice on to help rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.