PAIN COME AND GO BEHIND UPPER RIB CAGE

Posted , 6 users are following.

I fractured 2 ribs in 2011 and thought it normal to heal within 6 weeks. I still have this pain coming and going, very anoying and worrying. I did some research and found that it could be inflammation of the cartilage that joins your ribs. Could that be it?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It could be.......but you should get it checked out? Ribs can cause discomfort even years after being broken.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the quick response. I've actually given up on all of this negativity regarding my health. Honestly!

• Posted

I agree negativity is no good. It is what it is. Stay relaxed. Eat anti inflammatories, loads of nice foods are, take anti-inflammatories, go with it. C'est la vie 😊💖

• Posted

Yes...that is exactly what it is. I get it and it comes and goes. When I get flare-ups, I use a moist heating pad and take Ibuprofin every 6-8 hours. Also, I think if you have anyone in your family with a form of Arthritis, you are prone to it. My Mother had Reumatoid Arthritis and my sister has a form of Muscle Arthritis. It is very painful for her and it never goes away. I also suffered from Fibromyalgia for 18 years as well. No longer have it. My prayer was answered to be healed.

• Posted

I'm no doctor. But I have brused my ribs black and blue. This could be the case of it. Does it hurt when you poke certain spots on the cartilage? Of so. Is inflamed. I Aleve OTC or advil. These have antiflamatory propertiesand should lessen the pain. Been doing this since 2012...still have it. If you have anxiety...this will cause Costa chondritis as well.

• Posted

Hi Antoinette,

Yes. It could be Costro. Sometimes it comes with an injury, and in my case, not at all. Have you had cat scans, MRI of the area?

• Posted

I not sure but i am wondering what my pains are, still having tests to find out. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.