Pain during ejaculation; sports hernia / inguinal hernia

Posted , 2 users are following.

Years ago I was diagnosed with a "sports" hernia in the inguinal area (which wasn't a true hernia but acted like one). Nothing they could really do because surgery made no sense since there was no "hole" to repair. Very frustrating, but with rest and time it went away.

A few weeks ago I was shoveling snow, and the combination of being sedentary all winter + sudden vigorous heavy lifting of 2 foot x 12 inches of snow made the inguinal stuff flare up again. The most frustrating thing is pain during ejaculation (abdominal contractions = pressure on the bowels = bowels forced against the inguinal area).

I'm wearing boxer briefs which seems to help (so my testicles aren't loose and maybe making things worse), taking ibuprofen, icing the area, trying not to lift heavy things, doing regular light exercise (3 x 10 minute walks/day) to avoid being sedentary -- I think the whole original problem was lack of fitness leading to "weekend warrior" type injury.

My question is: is there anything more I can do short of waiting for it to heal? 37 yo male, 6'0", 143 lbs, white.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I don't think Hernia ever gives pain during ejaculation... may be you take it easy and avoid putting pressure on that portion.. Avoid Sex and Masturation for few days.. Let your body heal itself...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.