Pain following botox

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had botox two days ago and i am in pain feels like a bruise and is particularly painful when i swallow anything i am also experiencing chest pains. Im not sure if this is to be expected after this procedure  can anyone advise me 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hannah,

Are you aware there is a Meet Up group for Achalasia sufferers?   if you google Meet Ups you will find our group under Achalasia.

It is run by a lay called Amanda, and it meets every month or so in London if you want to attend, or you can share issues with other sufferers through email with Amanda initially.

There is no cost to join and if you saw my post on here we are having a meeting in July in London to discuss dietary solutions.

I personally have not had Boto but there are definately Meet up members who have so you will find common ground and help.

All the best

Jan.

• Posted

Reading your reply to Hannah, I was not aware of the Meet Up group for Achalasia sufferers.  Thank you for the information. Cathie
  • Posted

I have Botox injections and have exactly the same problem just after them, its agony and the first time I was back to hospital.  I had already taken gaviscon but still in agony.  I was given gaviscon again at the hospital and eventually the pain eased. I thought I was having a heart attack.  I now accept thats what usually happens, as it happens each time now. 

• Posted

Thank you cathie for your reply that is reassuring to know it subsided after a couple of days but was quite worrying at the time as wasnt expecting it to be so painful!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.