Pain for 3 days C and now D

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the last 3 days I've been suffering a pain that is located in the lower left abdomen... Its felt like I've pulled a muscle, I've been going but it's been difficult! Today though I still have the pain but I has explosive D!!! It's come from nowhere! Pain seems a little better than it did, but I've found after I go it goes off but comes back again! rolleyes anyone else suffer pain as part of ibs, any remedies???

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Pain is a major symptom of IBS along with bowel habit change and temporary relief of pain after a bowel movement.

Has your doctor diagnosed you with IBS and have you been given any antispasmodics such as Buscopan, Colefac, Mebeverine?  If you have only had these symptoms for three days, wait for a week to see if they go away completely.  If they don't see your doctor who may run tests to rule out other causes. If everything is negative, IBS can be diagnosed.

• Posted

Yes, been diagnosed for around 5 years, never had this pain before though!! I'm on buscopan as mebevrin didn't touch it! sad it's so annoying! It's easing a little after the explosive at least!

• Posted

I tried Mebeverine and it made me worse so I switched to Buscopan and combine with Nurofen if necessary.  I've had a bit of a flare up in the past few days and the pain, although very noticeable, is under control.  It is such an unwelcome guest!

• Posted

Sometimes I can be pain free for months even and then some random stressful episode sets it all off again. Probably it's the tail end of the Christmas rushing about catching up on me.

• Posted

Thank you for the replies! The pain has finally started subsiding but I have a large amount of poop! I'm going 2-3 times a day! rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.