Pain I my right foot and right side

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 41 and have recently diagnosed with ms . I havnt started treatment yet . I am due back at the hospital on the 19th of May . I have developed a new symptom and was just wondering if this is a new symptom to ms . In the last week I have been getting joint pain in my right foot and fight side . Painkillers don't seem to take the pain away could anyone else tell me if they suffer with this ??

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie ,

Personally ive not come across joint pain as a result of MS , but that's my personal opinion ! Ive more heard of it as a result of fibro , M.E , and Lyme disease of which I have .But I suppose if a nerve is being effected in that area then it could cause the bone to ache! I do care full-time for my mother whom has secondary progressive MS and joint pain has never happened with hers , she's had MS for 16 years , and starting with a numbing in her right leg which then progressed to balance issues , optic neuritis , pins and needles , and nerve pain she is confined to a wheel chair , but then no 2 cases are the same in MS , it's very hard for the doctors to distinguish between all these diseases , sorry I can't be more helpful good luck .

• Posted

Thanks that helps a lot . Yeah I had the numbness from my waist down , but that has gone as they have me on steroids . I do suffer with constant pain in my hands , which makes it hard to use them and constant weakness in them . I am new to this so any advice is good
    • Posted

Hi Debbie ,

Bless you I had this illness it's awful ! And I hope yours doesn't progress anymore 🙏, are you going to look into the HSCT treatment you sound like a candidate for this treatment my mum has an appointment with her neuro soon to discuss this further and if they won't do it on the nhs here we will go to russia for the treatment ! I hope you have a good support network around you as this can be just not physically hard but emotionally also , try to stay as fit as possible what's it they say 'use it or lose it' ! My mum attends weekly physiotherapy that is just for MS patients , so she interacts with them all and they all talk about symptoms , that's why I said I had never heard anyone of them speak about bone pain , but this disease is so different for each person , make sure you take vit d high dosage , calcium and magnesium it could be that you are deficient in these get you blood done.

Good luck kel xx

• Posted

Sorry was Ment to say this illness is awful not I had ! Lol stupid spell check lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.