Pain in Arms, Neck, Back, Stomach, and Jaw

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys! I'm new to this so here I go:

About a week and a half ago, I started getting this pain down my left arm that would go up my shoulder. I ignored it as strain and let it be. For the next to days, the pain would radiate to my upper back, hand, neck, and jaw. The third day, I went to a day clinic to check it out. They gave me an EKG that said I had ST Elevation and that I should go to the ER. At the ER, they diagnosed me with pericarditis even though I did not have chest pains or shortness of breath. They kept me in for the night to make sure I was okay, checked heart enzymes and gave me an ultrasound. All fine. They discharged me with some ibuprofen.

The day after I was discharged, the pain got worse. I would come and go and would feel like a gripping cold sensation that would radiate through my arms, hands, jaw, neck, wrist, and back. I went back to the ER. They gave me another EKG and said it was completely normal. They discharged me with Ketorolac.

Finally, after a week, I decided to check mysel back into the ER after the pains became more prominent. They gave me an EKG, CAT scans, XRay, Enzyme test: all okay. I tried to explain the doctor my pain was pretty random and it really bothered me and that the Ketorolac didn't do anything. She coldly dismissed me as having a panic attack (I was not. I have a panic disorder and GAD and this was not a panic attack. If anything, I was pretty calm and tired). She prescribed more Ketorolac even after I explained it did not work and a muscle relaxant.

I feel like I'm going crazy. The pains aren't going away and I feel awful.

My questions are:

Could anxiety be causing this?

Have you guys ever gotten weird, cold, painfulish sensations tha come and go at random?

Have you guys ever dealt with something like this?

Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Ruy, yes during my panic attacks I do have pain radiating like that which scares me off. At times my neck is so weak that I can barely hold my head sad

• Posted

I'm going through this right now. All tests always normal. Past three days I've been having random pains in shoulder blades, jaw, arms, chest. Funny thing is whenever I'm not anxious, i don't have one pain.. I'm slowly coming to terms that this is just another fun physical symptom.
  • Posted

I get this almost every single day! My arm righr now is so numb and painfull! My neck and jaw and back are also sore. I get the cold sensation in my chest and stomach aswell

Stay strong

• Posted

You have been checked out and you are fine what you are experiencing is very common anxiety symptoms.

Consider therapy it teaches you how to cope with anxiety

Stay Strongcool

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.