Pain in chest

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi and happy xmas.  Have not posted for a while as GERD all under control, recently due to cellulitis have had a lot of antibiotics which always cause me stomach trouble, things a bit different this time though and wanted to know is this was just another variation on GERD or should I see GP.  When I eat within minutes I get a really deep aching pain in centre of chest, I then feel it move through to back followed by what can only be explained as if someone has a belt around my ribs tightening it, then the palpitations start, I can feel my heart banging, this can last for 1 hour or all day to varying degrees. Usually feel like I need a burp but don't.  Thought it was heart related but do not have the other things that go with heart attacks so have sort of gone of that idea.  Would gastitis in stomach be transferring to chest area.  Have upped my esomeprazole from 20mg per day to 40mg and am taking 2 x 150mg ranitidine which dulls the pain after a while, but as this has now been going on for 2 weeks am getting a bit anxious everytime I eat.  I did have an endoscopy end of January and everything normal so hopefully nothing sinister has grown since then and have recently had an ultrasound on stomach, gall bladder, spleen and liver and apart from a bit of fatty liver, which at 57 doc said was to be expected nothing else showing that could indicate anything more sinister.  If anyone else had this how long does it take to before I eat without pain. I do take pro-biotics and did buy aloe vera gel which worked at first and then seemed to make it worse.  Any ideas please

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi youngatheart1, let me introduce myself, my name is stephon. I understand what you're going through beucase i've went through that. I can advise you that this pproblems takes a strong person to overcome and you have to keep trying. What helped me when i had those symptoms was dieting, i competely removed all critic acid stuff, pop, spicy, mustard , fast food, juice, oranges, grapes and peppers from my diet. I too was taking antiboitics but i find see if did'nt help as much, im not saying you should stop taking them but try to use them less, dont get addicted to them. I cureently don't take any pills at all, i just stick to a diet and i follow up with my GI. I strongly suggest that you see a GIand do a tube test, if done those test and they find nothing....Tell you GI form top to bottom what your experiencing, write it down or take notes on what pains your getting. Stop smoking or taking beers/ acohol if you are. Try to sreach GERD/ Acid reflux diets if you want to change your lifestyle. Ultrasounds, X-rays etc will not pick up anything relating to acid/Gerd, the best thing to do is to see a GI/GP and do a tube test. i myself am currently waiting for a tube test. Anyways best of luck and i hope you get better, Stephon.

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying, what is a tube test? I do have GERD and have taken esomeprazole for about 8 years now.  I try not to take any tablets but was wrongly diagnosed with cellulitis and given 2 different antib's which I know are not very good for my stomach.  I am trying to eat a better diet and lose some weight to see if this helps. I will ask to see a GI doctor again, but am in UK and really hard to get referred if GP does not believe anything wrong.  But I will keep trying. Take care

• Posted

Turst me when i say to see a GI/GP , it is really important to get refered to them, do everything you can to see one, even if means to give up a week to search for one. I strongly suggest to you to ask for a TUBE TEST, as i said before a TUBE TEST is where someone would put a camera/tube down your mouth or nose. This person then will look for many various things in your stomach, they'd look for ulcer, cleaic, excessive acid, and etc. Try to speak with a GI/GP they are your key to the door that you never been able to open. I really do hope you overcome this health problem, and do me one more thing, please don't take on this problem cause only YOU can overcome it, stephon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.