pain in foot with osteo arthritis

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had fusion on foot bones for osteo arthritis in april part of bone is not yet fused and surgeon  suggest buying rocker shoes  any helpor advice on these shoes  please jeannie

is 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

My orthpedic surgeon suggested Rocker Shoes, they are made by Sketchers, I tried them and the pain was still there. Also, @ first they were hard to keep my balance, eventually I got used to them. I had surgery 6/29/16 and never had an ounce of pain afterwards, prior to surgery I had severe pain for 5 yrs. I had no wt bearing for 2 1/2months, then shoes which had no flexability in the sole. I purchased hiking boots for this task! Very good support. You should have fusion from April surgery. I had fusion in 2 1/2 months. If you haven't fused, you shouldn't be wt bearing @ all!

Mary

• Posted

Hi there. It is Kavon K.  Ihave had over 4 surgeries on my left foor and 3 on my right. I am one hot mess.  I have peripheral neuropathy and numerous neoromes that keep coming back.  Most of the time the pain is horrible in my left foot and can barely walk in the AM.  A few years back I purchased some shoes while visiting Germany.  THey were amazing and my feet did not hurt at all!

SInce then I have had some inserts made for me from a shop where the owner is from Germany.  They are not ugly shoes and youcan pop the soles in and out to fit different shoes.

I am waiting for them to come in, however I was amazed on how my feet did not hurt with them on.  Find a good place that carries one of the following and see if someone does the hand-casting of insoles.  Now, they are VERY expensive and just losing my job was not good timing.

Try them on.  Several brands:  Naot & Finn are 2 names. Can't think of the ones I am getting.  Also I have some Think! shoes, which are amazing for your feet.  I hope some of this helps.  Let me know if I can do anything else.  Feet I know a lot about!  Never heard of Rocker.

• Posted

I have had rocker shoes for one year. In Sweden NHS makes it possible free of charge to put in rocker soles on shoes that you have and are suitable. In May I had an operation on my right big toe due to hallux rigidus. I still use the rocker shoes even if it is hard to say it helps. I probably have a problem with nerves in my smallest toe on the rihht foot.
    • Posted

Wish we had them for free.  Sounds great and similar. Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.